Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #21 
erinandares

Phaistos and Harmonia are both in trouble right now. She dropped a bunch of eggs from their little episode after I moved her out of the big tank and I vacuumed them up... I guess she would have eaten them eventually, but... her new taank is barebottom and they were just sitting there all... ew. I need to type another entry of this... Sorry, my family has been a gigantic black hole lately... :c Maybe I can squeeze something in tonight. No promises, though...
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #22 
fishman12

Real-Life inspiration...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #23 
StarBetta

Gasps! 2 STORIES IN ONE DAY!! YAYZ!! Finally! Why does patience have to exist?
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #24 
erinandares

Okay, here's the next installment. Phaistos has definitely not been short on real life inspiration. Sigh. The story is actually a little far behind real life, since I take it from his actual life antics. But yeah. New chapter:

My new home was less than exciting. But maybe that was because I was used to such a fiesty tank-mate. I had a few plants and that red cave, and the thermometer was on my side. I could wriggle under the mesh to the empty side if I got down sideways against the glass on the bottom. The girl would let me stay there in the empty side every so often, since I kept swimming over there and getting stuck. It was pretty mean, to me, but as she told me- "If you're going to run away from the net and come back over here when I put you back home, fine."

My stint in the smaller tank didn't last long. It went on for maybe a week, while she watched to ensure that our new arrangement would work out. I got to come with her on 'Thanksgiving'- turned out to only be an awkward dinner around a big table with only four people there. Then, she took me back home and it was time for another water change. She didn't put me back in the tank, though, but set my cup down on her desk. The blue fish was back beside me again soon enough.

"Are you switching back with me?" I asked.

Hermes shrugged. "Guess so."

"What did you do?" I asked, hoping in the back of my mind that it didn't involve Harmonia.

He gave an annoyed huff. "That annoying girl beside me, I kept trying to nip at her. Then, when she started giving me attitude, I gave it back to her. Apparently, that's frowned upon in this establishment."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, our human is pretty boring."

The girl didn't bother replacing the plants, this time. She floated Hermes in his old home, and me in my rightful place in the twenty gallon. I was anxious to get out of the cup, swimming eagerly against the plastic in an effort to get through it. But it didn't work, as usual. I was finally released after what felt like forever, then it was time to eat. The girl brought the food over and gently tapped the little plastic jar against the tank.

"My fishies, it's dinner time!" She said cheerily. She sprinkled the flakes over each of us, and then moved on to feed Hermes in his tank and the little yellow one- Banana Fish- in his bowl. As we chased the flakes around, Harmonia and I caught one another's eyes. She swam up to the divider and hovered there silently for a moment. I followed suit, and looked her up and down. After a second, I realized I was being completely thoughtless. I flared up immediately, and Harmonia took to wiggling with a smile.

"Phaistos, I thought you were gone forever!" She laughed.

"Why?" I paused to ask.

"Because when the other girls were taken out, they didn't come back." Harmonia said earnestly.

I nodded slowly. "Right... Well, I just lived in the other tank for a while."

"Oh." Harmonia said slowly. She spun in a small, slow circle, flaring her fins up for me. "Well... were the other girls over there?"

I grinned. "Why? Jealous?"

Her pectorals halted and she sunk a centimeter or two before she glared at me and flared up. "No!"

I laughed. Swam back to my corner to start another bubblenest. "Nope!" I shouted, between breaths and bubbles. "There were no other girls."
Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #25 
Badjer

Quote:
"That annoying girl beside me, I kept trying to nip at her. Then, when she started giving me attitude, I gave it back to her. Apparently, that's frowned upon in this establishment."
This made me lol...literally! Sounds like you have quite the mischievous bunch on your hands Erin!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #26 
fishman12

Yay! Good good good!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #27 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Great job! :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #28 
fishman12

Are you still doing this?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #29 
StarBetta

maybe she's making a few more to post them all up in one day.
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #30 
erinandares

Sorry, I kind of let it fall to the wayside. I'll try and get another up today, but then I'm going out of town. You know how busy the holidays get, I'm sure. But yeah, I'll get one up later.