Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #11 
ChelseaK

Wow, this amazes me!

I'm just wondering, you don't even have to answer, haha, if you make much of a profit at all with that many fish? I'm sure that making a profit is not your intention, but I'm just curious :)
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #12 
Dead Sunlight

ChelseaK, I can't believe I'm only 14...
I come from a long line of oriental fish breeders, and as expected, I have grown to carry a strong passion for fishkeeping. I am currently breeding bettas, discus, and koi; I might start fancy guppies, but linebreeding has made the species weak in terms of physical manifestations.
I literally supply this one store's ENTIRE betta supply, so yeah, I do get monthly "pay" for doing this... As through international shipping, Amazon, eBay, and Aquabid, that's where the main of my profit come from, which is how I'm able to sustain a comfortable living space for 1,000 males and 10 20+ gal soroities (not to mention a 150 and 215 gal for my discus and two 500 gal ponds for my koi... However, like all, I can't believe I started out with 1 betta. ONE I SAY. The purpose for me for breeding though is to strenghten and maintain weak strains, such as the melano (which is currently my main "mission") and to develop and improve bloodlines, not to make a profit out of the hobby.

Update on the GOLD GIANT HMPK-
They are currently embracing, eggs being expelled. In a bit I think that it will finish and I am gonna isolate the female in nice warm water with M.blue and aloe vera (my softwater fish do not respond to salt treatment very well, maybe theyre being pampered too much, lol), not too much damage was being inflicted on this female, just a few scales missing and a relativly small fin tear... okay so male fiercly guarding the nest, adding lots more bubbles... Got my cultures ready, plus my giant fry respond well to newly hatched brine shrimp as a first food. WHOOPPPPPPPP!!!!!! X THROWS ME HANDS IN THE AIRRRR X

expecting the last 2 pairs to begin expelling midday tomorrow...
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

That has got to be with just the joy mostly because you are dedicating your life to them! I would really like to do the same thing:)!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #14 
BeautifulBetta

Dead sunlight, I just wanna say, I'm 21, and you're my hero. :) Haha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #15 
mernincrazy8525

i definatly want some MGs. they are my favorite. and i am the same age as you and i have only had 17 spawns. and the most bettas i have had is 100. you are amazing. i also keep koi. good luck and keep us updated. and post pics
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #16 
BeautifulBetta

Lol I did my first spawn at 14 as well, what the heck?? I've only done a couple spawns tho. School was a pain and always got in the way LOL
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #17 
bettalover2033

So how are the fish and have you seen any wrigglers yet?

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #18 
Dead Sunlight

lol, sry guys, ill update tomorrow, im really busy today- the rain and wind cut off electricity for an hour O: they fine though. also my turtle eggz hatched! <3 :D oog, and the GOLD giants have eggs in the nest, 2morrow might hatch. details and hopefully pics soon to come, my camera is all weird :P
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #19 
JAB91

Your fish sound amazing! I really wanna see some pics. I don't know how you do it with school and all. If I tried that I think I'd go crazy. Goodluck!!!
JAB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #20 
tpocicat

I way older than you, and I don't know how you do it! I plan on two spawns at a time, and I have my daughter to help. Of course I work full time too.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote