Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #21 
Curlyfatbottom

With the amount of fish she have.
It don't really take that long to care for.
Even without a drip system or a slump system.
500+ fish will only take a hour to two to clean.
About 20 minute to feed each day.
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #22 
Dead Sunlight

Curlyfat bottom's right, in a way. I do have a backup drip system if my main filteration system fails (it is all hooked up, every tank. think of a petstore setup), but it doesn't take that long in terms of maintenance. also my sororities are all heavily planted as well as the 2 1/2 male tanks, so that greatly minimizes water changes as well. as far a pics go, ill try to post some, but as i have told some of you, we had a power outage yesterday, and many of my fish are in distress, i fear that an ich epidemic is on the way. also i think my discus tank cracked. and also, many people are demanding pics for buying, and my camera isnt letting me upload for some reason. and to top ot all, i still have to finish hw :P

MG (yesterday) so i woke up to little tails, fry beginning to swell, male tending to them. everything in order. (today) beginning to venture away from the nest. today day 2/3, (usually) tomorrow the sac should be completely absorbed and the male removed. microworm cultures are at hand, ready for tomorrow.

Gold (yesterday)- i woke up and the male was driving the female away from the nest, been really giving her a hell of a time. after removing the female in a recovery tank with mblue and aloe vera, male tending to nest and binding nest with duckweed. eggs expelled last night, everything seems to be in order... (today) woke up to tails today, day 1/3 (usually) of absorbing yolk sac. male not eating fry, transferring to 2nd nest (he built another). fry starting to swell, might become free-swimming 2morrow, setting up male recovery tank...

Salamander(yesterday) they did it. expelling eggs, aggressive courtship between the two, other than the fact that both are eating a few eggs, everything in order. setting up female recovery tank. (today) no hatching. i think Droll is eating a few rather than tending to the nest, fed him a bloodworm. seemed to fix him up. thankfully eggs show no sign of hydra or a fungal infestation. hopefully they may hatch tomorrow.

Copper (yesterday) male still constantly harassing female and driving her away from nest, but i see the likings of a courtship. occasionally, there have been a few awkward embrace, only few eggs expelled, and he ate them :P i think theres only 5 eggs in the nest. he is beginning to court her more than tending to the nest. (today) they are currently embracing, sucessfully. female seems to be in bad condition though. her anal fin has espicially been torn up badly. okay, removing female. in addition to mblue and aloe vera, i might add a bit of a salt solution. hopefully she heals up. male has tried to eat eggs, but i gave him a few bloodworms (i dont feed either fish until expelling is over or if they are eating eggs) and he seems to be back on track. he's moving eggs around. hope to see hatching 2morrow.

thanks for all the support guys, the pairs really appreciate it :) btw, if you are free, be sure to utube sugar were going down by fall out boy, it really reflects how i feel today <3 laterz! <)))))><

Dead Sunlight
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #23 
Dead Sunlight

btw, many of you have been asking about buying bettas from me, current ones and fry, which is totally fine. its just im so busy, im not gonna be selling and shipping out bettas until about winter break (late december)or next year. I am taking requests for reservations, though. just contact me if interested. Thanks again.

-DS
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #24 
mernincrazy8525

yay. keep up the good work
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #25 
JAB91

Nice job dude! Keep us updated on progress.
JAB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #26 
Dead Sunlight

Aw crap. The betta addiction is the strongest drug...
Yesterday I was at a fish show up in northern California, just eyeing the competition and the stuff on sale, when i saw THEM.
2 (male and female) absolutly beautiful fish- pure-strain super platinum white HM's... So curse my wallet and bury my eyes, I got them goddang it! :P Not to mention a 55 gal, but hey, it was new! And also I can either use it for a grow-out tank or for some nice discus I've been putting on hold. DO I SOUND LIKE A HOARDER???

MG- Fry became free-swimming today, lured male away with a bloodworm and placed him in recovery tank with a mild slat solution, Mblue, and aloe vera... At first a few fell to the bottom, then the male helped them up to the nest, only to find that during his absence, a few little sneaky fry drifted away from the nest. I felt so bad for him- he was all like trying to keep them all in the nest, epic fail! "Ugh, get up her- wait! Don't you go! Wha- no, no, no!" Thank you for another sucessful spawn, MG male #7. Starting the fry on live microworm culture.

Gold- Still feeding on yolk sac. Male "tearing" off pieces of duckweed and using them as a binding substance for the nest. He seems to have kept half the fry in the original nest and the other in the 2nd... Guess we'll see how that turns out when the fry beginning venturing from the nest... Preparing newly-hatched brine shrimp culture for tomorrow.

Salamander- Eggs just hatched! I gave Droll another BW, just in case. I haven't bred Salamanders a lot, and this is a new color stain I'm using... Anxious to see how the fry turn out. Today he happens to be aware of the fact that he's a father, and that natural parenting instinct kicked in... Tending to the nest carefully and actually yesterday he was eating dead eggs... No signs of hydra or fungus. He may just prove to be a sucessful breeder, who knows? Day 1/3 of yolk sac absorbing...

Copper- Eggs didn't hatch today, although I might have caught the trace of a tail or two... Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be aware of the nest or is tending to the eggs... Or no, I take that back- he seems to be alternating from swimming through the plants and tending to the nest. No sign of hydra or fungus... I hope it'll stay that way... Just wait till tomorrow.

And no, I'm not a guy... Very tomboy-ish gal.

- Dead Sunlight (super melano HMPK w/ lacy blackish fins)
Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #27 
bettalover2033

OOOOO Cant wait for some pictures of them! Take your time with the pictures im sure your busy!

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #28 
Dead Sunlight

No one's really checking back here anyways, and I usually end spawning logs when I'm raising the fry because nothing really interesting is happening besides the fact that fry are beginning to show color and develop finnage, so 2 more updates until I close this thread down. I'm going to finally conquer my fear and attempt to breed my 2 Fusefins... I can't afford for anything to go wrong with this spawn, I really need, need, NEED this to be a sucess! Conditioning ends in 2 days.
Last update: 1/2
Mustard Gas- Removed male last night, in recovery tank with a mild salt solutiion, M.blue, and aloe vera... All fry became free-swimming today, retained horizontal position. Feeding on microworms, isolating the greedy ones and feeding them less to reduce risk of SBD... Currently taking reservations for fry, this particular MG pair is blue over yellow...
Gold- Today most of them are still feeding on the yolk sac, but a few brave souls have begun drifting away from the nest. Male there to help them up to the nest. Tomorrow they should all be free-swimmming, male removed... Got cultures ready... Taking reservations as well...
Salamander- Still feeding on yolk sac, Droll isn't eating any as far as I'm seeing... Day 2/3... I'm not taking reservations yet, I want to see how the offspring turn out.
Copper- Some eggs are hatching, not all though. Male seems to be back on track, though. No eating, just tending to the nest... Taking reservations...

Thanks for all the support, guys, really appreciate it... Be sure to find my thread "Fusefin Spawn" in Breeding, which should be up in a few days.

- Dead Sunlight (super melano HMPK w/ lacy blackish fins, bred by me)

Last edited by Dead Sunlight; 11-23-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #29 
bettalover2033

I love your avatar picture! If he one of the ones your breeding?

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #30 
Dead Sunlight

No, he's one of my fail Triple Tails... Dreadful coloring (lol), oversized dorsal, and he's got that dent near the back of his head (deformation) and the split between the lobes didn't break off cleanly... absolutly dreadful, and yet people are bidding up to 950 on a DEFORMED FISH O__o ?????