Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #21 
doggyhog

It's bad enough to have a Betta in one of those tanks, but 6 goldfish!?! My goodness. I hope she either gets a bigger than or finds someone who can care for them properly..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #22 
Tikibirds

words fail me
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #23 
bkelizabeth

Sorry for sharing something so heart-breaking :( I'm not "friends" with her but she claimed she's "going to get a bigger tank soon and she knows how to take care of fish." I'm going to ask her if she got a bigger tank yet, if not, I'm sending her the link to this forum, if you all don't mind.
bkelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #24 
bkelizabeth

She also claimed that the fish "look bigger" in the photo. Right.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #25 
LittleBettaFish

I will never understand this obsession people have with cramming aquatic animals into the smallest possible spaces. Most of those same individuals would be aghast at the thought of leaving a full-sized dog permanently in a crate, yet the have no issue with the picture posted.

That whole set-up does not even look aesthetically pleasing. I assume it will look less so when those goldfish all start going belly-up.

Sometimes I hope there is a special circle of hell dedicated to the willfully ignorant. In this day and age with access to so much information, there really is not excuse not to go out and research. It's just sheer and utter laziness.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #26 
bkelizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I will never understand this obsession people have with cramming aquatic animals into the smallest possible spaces. Most of those same individuals would be aghast at the thought of leaving a full-sized dog permanently in a crate, yet the have no issue with the picture posted.

That whole set-up does not even look aesthetically pleasing. I assume it will look less so when those goldfish all start going belly-up.

Sometimes I hope there is a special circle of hell dedicated to the willfully ignorant. In this day and age with access to so much information, there really is not excuse not to go out and research. It's just sheer and utter laziness.
I completely agree. I don't make a MOVE (concerning pets) without searching all over the internet for accurate information.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #27 
erinandares

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Ugh, you're a genius.

And the punishment should be getting to see all this space out there but being confined to a 3'x3' iron cage with no stimulation. :/
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #28 
LittleBettaFish

In that circle shall be people who breed their unregistered, unproven animals and refuse to see that they are contributing to an overpopulation problem, people who drop an animal off at the shelter because they just can't 'deal' with it, and people who start every conversation regarding the care of their animals with "I've been doing this for 20 years now".
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #29 
bkelizabeth

UPDATE: I messaged her and she says she got a bigger tank. I'll believe it when she posts a new picture.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #30 
erinandares

I'd put money on that bigger tank still not being enough for those six goldfish. JS. This girl is the first candidate for me and LBF's new circle of hell.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote