Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #1 
OliverTheBetta

GOOD NEWS! Oliver is "un-clamping" !!!

I woke up this morning and looked in on all my fishes (I have 6 now) and the 5 new ones I got yesterday morning that I transitioned into their tanks last night were ALL still alive (YESSSSS!!) and Oliver...

OMG! He greeted me with a swim around the holding cup and looked up at me and was so happy to see me!!! I was elated! His fins are unclamping some and he ate a lot this morning. I was careful to feed him small amounts (like 4 flakes) and when he finished those, I gave him a few more. He is doing some swimming about and I am finally starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel!

I changed his water yesterday and again this morning - carefully transitioning him between containers over a period of time so that he got used to the chemistry (only a shot-glass of water was added every 30 minutes to an hour) of the new water and the temp (floating one container in another), and each time added 2 drops each of Prime (product name) and Stress Coat (also product name), plus one grain of aquarium salt. I know he's not out of the woods yet, but it filled my heart with joy to see him interact with me again.

I can't say thank you enough to "The Old Fish Lady" who gave me suggestions and feedback, along with purchasing tips.

Now I just need to start looking for some oak leaves

Thank you everyone - Thank you!
And to Pitluvs who helped me get a photo of Oliver onto the site, Thank You!!
OliverTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote