Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #1 
BunnyCates

Talking Fishelstein's new palace :)

We just got back with Fishelstein's new apartment. Sure hope it cheers the little guy up some.

I cleaned everything and boiled what I could. We got it at all Petsmart. Will post some pics once he is in it. Just set it up so he wont get to venture in it until tomorrow. (I kind of did a booboo and filled it up with water that was too warm. Felt right to my hand but the little thermostat thing reads 86, so surely by tomorrow it will drop back down to room temp.)

Not liking the new heater I bought. Though it does have a control and is not preset, it has no numbers or ANYTHING on it, just the knob - so I guess you are just supposed to guess where the dial should be? Thats no good for me, but it was the only one they had for a 5 gallon tank.

Here's what all we got:

MarinelandŽ 5-gallon Crescent Aquarium System

Top FinŽ Submersible Aquarium Heaters for 5-10 gallon tanks

Seachem Alert Combo Pack
Its reading Orange 6.6 on the ph.

Top FinŽ Aquarium Thermometer Strips

a cave, some leaves, and some gravel. The leaves are really kind of too tall for the tank, but its the only silk ones they had. So thats what I went with.

I almost bought him a snail for company. They had white, black, gold, and blue Mystery Snails for .99 but, I was afraid of how to care for it? Need to read up on that a bit.

I'm pretty happy, it was less than $100.

My Mr. was trying to get me to buy an aerator. He said if we were using a filter we would need one. Is this true?

Anyway, I'm happy and just wanted to share. Thanks for all the help I've gotten the last few days. You guys are awesome.

OH - ps:
I looked at their bettas while there, hoping I might find a halfmoon. No halfmoon, almost all VT, a few CT, but they did have ONE dragonscale CT (it was evil looking) No idea what color it was, the little bowls they had them in had blue tinted water but his body looked neat. My son kept trying to get me to buy him. hahaha.

Ok, sorry for the book. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BunnyCates; 11-20-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: not red, white. bah, my fingers are colorblind!
BunnyCates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #2 
Gizmothefreaky

Wow! Lucky kid!! XD

tip for the heater, when you set it up, turn it till the light comes on, wait for the temp to stabilize, if you want it warmer, turn it up just a hair and wait again, colder, turn it down. It is fiddly, but they are great. XD
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #3 
BeautifulBetta

OMG! Im in love with that tank :) How awesome is that?!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #4 
BunnyCates

once it gets where it need to be, it will keep it that temp right? Im not going to have to constantly be fiddling with the dial? I wish they would have had the one I saw online, but they were sold out of TONS of stuff... They didn't have the tank I went after either so I got this one. I don't like the back of it, should have looked at it better, but they didn't have any out of the box. Its like stop sign shaped on the back and rounded in the front. The front I like, the back not so much. Oh well, Im not the one that has to live in it. So as long as Fishelstein likes it, I reckon its all good....
Old 11-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #5 
BunnyCates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
OMG! Im in love with that tank :) How awesome is that?!
THANKS! They are on sale for $39 with the petsmart perks card thingy...
Old 11-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #6 
Gizmothefreaky

yeah, once you get the right temp it should hold. And a good way to help with the back not looking so good to you is to add more tall plants along the back wall! :3
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #7 
BunnyCates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
And a good way to help with the back not looking so good to you is to add more tall plants along the back wall! :3
CHECK.
I also put some black cardstock back there and it looks a lot better. I guess it will make a good hideyhole for fish food and the like...
Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #8 
OrvillesSlave

I saw that tank at Petsmart today and was tempted to get that myself. What a nice set up.
OrvillesSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #9 
BunnyCates

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrvillesSlave View Post
I saw that tank at Petsmart today and was tempted to get that myself. What a nice set up.
Did you get a new tank today? They are all 20% off I think.

Here it is, all set up. Just trying to get the temp regulated.

I hope he likes it, and it perks him up. He's back to just laying on the rocks in his bowl. :(
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #10 
BunnyCates

Well I posted these on the wrong thread and couldn't figure out how to delete. So, sorry for the double post of the same pics.... :(

Here's better pics. I want to make him a little sign that says "Beware of the Librarian" :)

The new digs....

Thanks again for everyones help, advice, input, etc...