Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #1 
Kytkattin

Unhappy Cat Tried to Kill Bamboo!

So after 200 miles, I am back in my hometown for Thanksgiving. I brought my female in her 2 gallon bowl back with me. Well I guess sometime last night (as I am not staying at my house) my cat decided to play with the fish bowl. Thankfully the fish is unharmed, but the bamboo was knocked out of the bowl. Not sure how long it was out, but it was quite dried up. Still green, but wrinkly. So I put it back in the water and put plastic over the top to keep everything (hopefully including the bamboo) in the tank. I guess I will find out tomorrow if it lives.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

When I found my 55 gallon tank in the trash it came with a few peices of dried up shriveled bamboo...It looked like they had cooked in the Florida sun for a good couple of hours atleast....I took them anyways and put them in some water. It took them a little while but the one now has leaves on it and roots.....tough little plant!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #3 
Salamandair

And that's why my kittens are always (figuratively) thrown from the desk when they are on it.
Luckily, they just like to watch him swim, but I'm too paranoid about them eventually getting into the tank, even WITH the top on!

Good to hear the fish is okay and I hope the bamboo is okay too!
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote