Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #1 
rckstr1253

Anybody ever purchased from this seller?

Hey all I am new to the Betta addiction. I currently have 4 betta fish 3 in 2 gallon tanks....and just bought a 5 gallon tank for my 4th betta but thinking about getting 2 5 gallon tanks and dividing them. But anyway has anyone ever bought from Aquastar71 on aquabid? I don't have an aquabid account but interested in this one betta fish a lot. All input is appreciated! If I don't have an aquabid account, does she/he sell outside aquabid or anyone able to purchase it for me as long as I paypal them the cash?

Thanks and nice to meet you all! =)

Dave
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

Hi Dave! Welcome to the forum!

Aquastar1 is a well known breeder and he has many good reviews on AquaBid.
If you want to bid on a fish I suggest you open an account, there's really not much to it. Breeders usually take a couple of days to answer emails as they are plenty busy with tending to their fish.

You can't go wrong with most breeders on AB but the fish should tell you what a good breeder they are. Also, when buying form overseas, inform yourself of the expense involved.
If you need help picking out a good fish, let us know. There's pleanty of people here who know how to identify good breeder fish... if that's what you're looking for.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #3 
rckstr1253

Hey thanks for the help!! I am interested in this betta fish
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1321899220

I am also looking at this one but want the one above more.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1322580903
Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #4 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
Hey thanks for the help!! I am interested in this betta fish
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1321899220

I am also looking at this one but want the one above more.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1322580903
i dont blame you for the 1st choice there, im tempted to get it but im not in the market for another betta now. i wish you luck in getting him.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #5 
vilmarisv

Both have beautiful color... what are your plans for the fish?
Will you be breeding for show fish or are you keeping them as pets?
If you're breeding, I can give you my opinion based on their form and butterfly pattern but if you're just keeping them as pets pick the one you like best!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #6 
rckstr1253

Well I have never bred any ever but might try to if I can figure it out or read up enough about it. I do want one as a pet. Which is better for breeding? I think the color one might be.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #7 
vilmarisv

For "looking at" definitely the first one. He has great coloring and the contrast is beautiful.
For breeding I would start with the second if I had to chose between the two. His butterfly pattern is much more even and he's better balanced.
The bottom (anal) fin of the first is very long and not something I like in breeders. Of course, we all have our preferences and you might decide color is more important and that you want to work with fixing the finnage over a few spawns while trying to maintain color.
Be aware that the second fish has red in him which means it might spread over time to the fins.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #8 
rckstr1253

Ehh i guess this thread can be closed. Unfortunately someone else already bidded on the fish above the buy it now price.....so I am out of the running for it. Thanks for the help though!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #9 
purplemuffin

Oh well, maybe you'll find another one you like! :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #10 
rckstr1253

Eh I doubt it......I never saw any that beautiful before. I have 4 already but I really was psyched to get that one. I contacted the seller and worked out a deal price for it and paypal'd them early this morning(eastern time) but apparently they didn't stop the auction I guess so I don't know yet if it was sold to some one else or if the woman helping me paid over the amount to win it for me. But anyway, any one know of a breeder that might have one in that color combination?

Thanks again all! = )