Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #1 
nel3

Have you ever been surprised by your betta's growth?

im sure some of you have noticed that your betta do grow considerably as they age. sometimes you see them so often you dont notice they've grown quite a bit since you got them. recently i have noticed both Nelliel and Nel have grown quite a bit. in the past 6 months i have had Nel, hes grown to be 3 inches long (0.5 inch since i got him). he was an older betta to start with but his fins are as long as his body. his body is pretty big also. Nelliel has fins as long as his body also given he doesnt bite them down. i find the pectoral fins are one of the easier signs of growth to spot.

has anyone else looked back recently to realize the betta have grown quite a bit?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

I have. My CT Kai specifically. His tail hasn't gotten too much longer but his pecterals are huge! They look like tiny fans! I can tell he's grown since my new boy Lelouch's pects are still tiny and he's still a baby somewhat.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #3 
OrvillesSlave

Yes, I've noticed that. I bought my two nieces a nice red VT which I was told was eight months old. He was small but very lively and alert...but mostly importantly my nieces' favorite color. I was over at their house the other day, and I couldn't believe how much he is grown. My VT is pretty large, and this guy is about identical in size in a matter of a few months.
OrvillesSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #4 
KirstyTat

Yup I've noticed.
I've only had my fish Quasar for a little over two weeks and he has grown! His fins have especially grown a lot! :)
Attached Images

Last edited by KirstyTat; 11-21-2011 at 10:46 PM.
KirstyTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

When I got Echo at 5.5 months he was tiny and his fins were short. His fins grew out after a couple of months.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote