Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Oh the poor girl!! That's not a good sign. The greying btw is a definite sign of something internally wrong. If she keeps eating that is a very very good sign. You will be needing that medicine asap...

And sadly where I live I have to order everything in. I cannot get to the city, which is an hour and some drive - and I especially won't go now that snow, ice and black ice is around!

I suggest you have anything on hand beforehand :) That's what I am doing... then you can always be ready!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #22 
Sakura8

Maggie, I'm so sorry about your dog getting into the Maracyn but at least he'll be okay. Whew!

:( I'm not sure what to make of Gloria's body being in its S shape but I agree with Sena that it's probably not an encouraging sign. But don't give up, we'll fight this all the way!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #23 
MaggieLynn

she is like sitting on her tail in an L shape against the tank wall. I have a video I will be posting so you can see, She isnt interested in food either, I still have some good packets of meds so Im going to try that instead of buying more I have atleast three. She doesnt look good though. Thanks for all of your help though I really appreciate it.

Sena: Oh I atleast make sure I have stress coat, AS and ES on hand at all times in the case I need to treat. Right now the only meds I have are the maracyn, parasite pellets and two diff ich meds but one is for external parasites. I just went to my lfs (wanted to get some snails for my dwarf puffer) and I saw they carry all the API brand meds petsmart has but for $10 extra =S making it $25 there rather than $15, I like just having the salt on hand because it is cheap and can treat most diseases. I bought my epsom at walgreens for acouple bucks. I have 3 pounds of AS and 2 of ES lol
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #24 
Sakura8

Has Gloria eaten any of the parasite pellets? The L shape sounds like her swim bladder is affected now. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

Oh the poor girl! If she is anything like Madame she'll hold on for you to get her better!! You have the meds, you have a chance!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #26 
MaggieLynn

no she hasnt eaten any pellets :(, she just sits at the bottom of the tank is just laying all weird and bent, its almost like she has trouble moving her tail and back half of her body. she is in medicated water with 3 tsp per gallon of epsom salt. I get paid friday and I have enough med packs to last me till then plus my mom said she would pitch in. On a lighter note my puffer fish is finally eating. so thats one less fish to worry about. Im going to try offering her some blood worms when I feed pee wee (the puffer) just so that she eats something.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #27 
yumekon

I hope you keep us posted!

Last edited by yumekon; 11-23-2011 at 02:27 PM.
yumekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #28 
yumekon

Oh and sorry now I realize it is a girl you have!! DUH!!
yumekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

The sign of her being bent, and troubles moving tells me she is getting close to the end when she moves, she kind of spirals I'm guessing? or flips over at least?
Old 11-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #30 
MaggieLynn

Not really its more like she is off balance and just cant seem to pick her tail up off the bottom of the tank. like she has no control, or limited control of her back half. she did do a lil wiggle dance when I offered pellets but made no move for any.