Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #1 
EvilVOG

Temp. Sorority

Working on removing lime scale from a 20 gallon that will be their permanent home, along with most of the plants and ect. So in the meantime they are in this 10 gallon that will eventually become the breeding tank.

And i picked up a couple new fish on my trip to Petco...

This little one was with the baby bettas... think it's a VT female... Hope so. Was just too pretty to pass up with the American flag tail.

And the point of the trip... a CT female with color to compliment my Male, eventual breeder... she's kinda small right now.

And then this giant girl i got from the Grocery store... 4 inches (10 CM) long... was really dark but she lightened up with a stress stripe as i'm confining her to quarantine for 24hrs due to where she came from. Think she's a HM but need your help with that. best pic i could get tho... sorry.

EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #2 
Luimeril

that CT girl is PERFECT! you got her colors to match his spot-on! can't wait to see their babies. :d if i have money by the time they're ready, despite my dislike of CTs(their rays don't do good in my water. i'm surprised King Steve's doing so well!), i adore his colors, and she's a cutie!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #3 
EvilVOG

may not breed till January... she's really small and doesn't have the appetite of of the baby even, plus she doesn't show egg spot atm. Just fed them all some glassworms... They were a big hit with the others... The baby is a pig i think he ate most of them.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 
Luimeril

if you can, get some new Life Spectrum Grow. my CT girl was itty bitty when i got her, had to crush her pellets. after feeding her some NLS Grow, she grew so fast!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #5 
EvilVOG

i'll look into that.... the problem with feeding her is going to be getting her out of hiding long enough to see and eat the food, especially with that baby gobbling it all up.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #6 
Luimeril

aaww. xD it'll be good for him, too! i'm sure, after a while, she'll open up more. if not, separate them, if you can.