Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #11 
Tisia

planning on doing some breeding in a couple weeks. my HMPK pair is the first planned but if they don't work out or if it's a smaller spawn these guys will be my second attempt. hoping the babies will be to a good shipping size by around March since I'll have a few weeks off from class then to ship them out. plan on selling them on here first ;)
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #12 
Sakura8

I'll keep a tank open for one of your fry, Tisia. Palette is gorgeous. You have lucky parents. I tried the whole "Want a betta, Mom?" spiel but they didn't buy it. Boo.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #13 
Tisia

lol, I didn't ask. I just set up a tank on their kitchen counter while they were gone and told them he was a present
Old 11-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #14 
Sakura8

Haha! I love it. I'd do the same but I know exactly what they'd say: "We're going to remodel the kitchen after Christmas, we can't have this tank on the counter." o.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #15 
bettalover2033

I think it is settled. The male is and should be bred with that pretty female! Nice pair they would be. Okay to be serious now lol. I think your male has some really nice colors going for him. Can you post some picture of your HMPK pair somewhere and let me know when and where.

I have given my mom about 1 or 2 bettas. She really liked it too! When I breed my pair, my 55 gallon will be having the fry in it so they will be on display in my home and it will just be full of bettas. Also the bettas are going to be the pair that is the male in my avatar.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #16 
Tisia

lol, they just redid the kitchen counters so I knew I was good
Old 11-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #17 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
lol, they just redid the kitchen counters so I knew I was good
Hey, that's the perfect time! How big is the tank?

-BL2033
Old 11-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #18 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I think it is settled. The male is and should be bred with that pretty female! Nice pair they would be. Okay to be serious now lol. I think your male has some really nice colors going for him. Can you post some picture of your HMPK pair somewhere and let me know when and where.

I have given my mom about 1 or 2 bettas. She really liked it too! When I breed my pair, my 55 gallon will be having the fry in it so they will be on display in my home and it will just be full of bettas. Also the bettas are going to be the pair that is the male in my avatar.

-BL2033
the male is the one in my avatar. he's not very good at posing for the camera, lol. there's more pics of him and the female I want to breed him with here. I know his shape and fins aren't perfect but I'm hoping the female will help, and I just love his coloring. I just got a white marble pair from DarkMoon as well that I may try to spawn if one or both of the other pairs fail

my mom doesn't seem to be much of a pet person. at least not that she shows. she has said she thinks he's pretty but she doesn't seem to spend as much time watching him as my dad and she hasn't tried feeding him as far as I know. hopefully he'll wear her down eventually though, lol
Old 11-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #19 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
the male is the one in my avatar. he's not very good at posing for the camera, lol. there's more pics of him and the female I want to breed him with here. I know his shape and fins aren't perfect but I'm hoping the female will help, and I just love his coloring. I just got a white marble pair from DarkMoon as well that I may try to spawn if one or both of the other pairs fail

my mom doesn't seem to be much of a pet person. at least not that she shows. she has said she thinks he's pretty but she doesn't seem to spend as much time watching him as my dad and she hasn't tried feeding him as far as I know. hopefully he'll wear her down eventually though, lol
Cool. I love marbles! I'm going to be getting the red and black Butterfly pair.
DarkMoon17 is a great breeder and seller. I am getting my pair from em'. (The one in my avatar) I'll be getting him just after the 6th-7th of next month. (When I pay up)

-BL2033
Old 11-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #20 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Hey, that's the perfect time! How big is the tank?

-BL2033
it's one of the standard 2.5 gallon glass tanks. I pretty much just used some spare decor I had around but I'll probably redo it with some more live plants at some point