Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #1 
copperarabian

~*~Photo's of your Birds~*~

I think I saw one of these before, but here's another because we all love sharing our pets

My Galah cockatoo Rosie

ooold photo lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

I don't have any pictures, but my family has a TON of birds. We have 9 chickens, 3 parakeets, 1 English budgie, and a cockatiel. We actually have less birds now than we used to. Before the current cockatiel, my mom had one for over 22 years. That bird was older than me! We also used to have those Australian parakeets. Had them for about 15 years before they passed.

No big parrots for my family. The cockatiel is enough. She is very demanding, always wants attention and to be right by my mom. And when you do something stupid, like stub your toe she laughs at you! She literally laughs at you! She is a lot smarter than most cockatiels that I have met (not that they aren't smart!). None of the parakeets are hand tamed.
The chickens are for eggs, and just pets too. Once they stop laying we keep them. We have a lot of different breeds, so we get eggs of all colors! My favorite is my chicken, Precious who is an Americana. The most distinctive chickens we have are the Polish with their poofy heads!

Your parrot is just lovely! I have never seen a parrot like her before!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #3 
copperarabian

lol I love cockatiels, I'm fostering one right now. I might end up keeping her but I'm hoping she'll go to my friend since I'm more experienced with large parrots like macaws/African greys/cockatoos.

If I could have any fowl I think I'd want a peacock :D I've been reading a lot and found that if you raise one you can train them. Jungle fowl are pretty awesome too! they're all over Kauai lol
Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #4 
diablo13

Rosie is adorable, copper :) I have a soft spot for Galahs, but I'd never get one myself. The biggest I'd ever go is a Bronze-Winged Pionus. I love those things. You guys are so lucky, have multiple birds. I'd love an English Budgie, but I really don't have enough money for a Vet check and I wouldn't want to risk getting Sprite sick, sooo.......anyway, I'll try and find some pics of my little guy. Copper, do you have any pictures of your cockatiel?

Edit: Peacock? You can raise a Peacock? Like from an egg? I'm adding this to my bucket list XD
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #5 
copperarabian

I'll go take some right now :)
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #6 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post

If I could have any fowl I think I'd want a peacock :D I've been reading a lot and found that if you raise one you can train them. Jungle fowl are pretty awesome too! they're all over Kauai lol
Peacocks are so loud! Our neighbors have some and you can hear them. They sound like Kevin from UP. If you make a loud noise at night you can set them off and they start cawing. lol.

Of course, we don't have roosters, but we have had some of our females crow. It is because they are the biggest, baddest chickens in the hen-house!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #7 
copperarabian

her name is Dante lol She's about 6 months old so she might molt and have solid male feathers, but I haven't heard any singing so I'm pretty sure she's a girl.

(Window lighting is awesome)

@Kytkattin
My brothers girl friend's family has white peacocks and they are always complaining about the noise lol

@Diablo
Disease is a good reason not to get another bird, especially from a pet store. A good breeder is usually safe though, and often cheaper.

Last edited by copperarabian; 11-15-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #8 
purplemuffin

Bella, our 6 or 7 year old cockatiel :) She's laying eggs right now, silly bird thinks she's a mama.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #9 
diablo13

Daw.....he/she is adorable! I like how it looks it the first pictures, like she's saying "Yes?" <3. I have an LPS near me where I got Sprite, they have the cutest Budgies but I really don't have Any time....

Edit: The original is to Copper. Bella is adorable, muffin <3 I love cockatiels, I need to get one......a pure white one.....mmmm.........
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #10 
purplemuffin

:D Everyone always teased nathan that his cockatiel was named 'bella', thinking he named it after the girl in twilight..

LOL I made it worse by offering to get a "wolf" (grey cockatiel) and a solid white one to name them Edward and Jacob. Heeheehee! Poor Nathan haha
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote