Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #1 
Jodah

Talking New dimmable LED lighting for Franky

SO, the previous lighting setup was completely overkill, as well as I'm sure it was blinding the poor guy. So, I ripped out the old led setup. Grabbed some much lower intensity strip led's and pulled some potentiometers from my old radio. Got it all set up and this picture is at approx 50-60% full power. Must have screwed with the camera a bit, because the water is crystal clear. It's also not nearly as bright as the picture makes it appear to be.

And my fail attempt at getting a close up of Franky.

Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #2 
PixelatedPaint

I have one just like it. Although I use it as my QT tank. I wouldn't worry too much. You shouldn't leave the light on for hours on end due to possible algae issues arising, but he does have cover if the light bothered him. He looks happy!

In my planted tanks I add floating plants.

Last edited by PixelatedPaint; 11-22-2011 at 10:01 AM.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #3 
Jodah

Yeah, his lights are on a timer, right now it's set for 8hrs on, 16hrs off. Figured it'll give him time to adjust. Stopped by today on my way home from work, dude is zipping around his tank, blowing bubbles (looks like he may have started a nest!) overall just much, much happier appearing. Now if only he would eat the gosh darn pellets!

Course, I also made the mistake of stopping by petco today to see their new shipment. This uber spunky nearly all black crowntail caught my eye and I had to have him! So glad I had my 5.5 up and running. Just need to finish the decorative canopy and base for it.

Last edited by Jodah; 11-22-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #4 
PixelatedPaint

He sounds happy! Oh and believe i know what it is like going in to look and leaving with several new babies. xD So hard to say no to them.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote