Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #1 
Gen2387

How much time do you spend?

So I was curious, how much time does everyone spend everyweek changing water? Looking at their fishies swimming around, thinking of what new thing they could try in their tank, going to the petstore?

I only have 1 tank, soon 2 so water change doesn't take me very long but I think I spend too much time thinking about new ways to improve my tank and I go to the petstore at least once a week...

What about you guys?
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #2 
Rosso1011

I certainly spend a lot of time thinking of ways to improve both my tetra tank and my betta tank. I have some water changes to do today... the tetra tank and betta tank. My bf is going to be heading out with me tonight to look at a 3 gallon that we spotted not too long ago.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

in total including cleaning the glass of spot algae rinsing the filter sponge in old water...filling jugs...siphoning and trimming any plants that need it...It usually takes me around 30 minutes per tank.Thinking about what I can do to improve my tank is a never ending thought process...I am always planning something for my tanks..or looking for a new plant and such..haha

Last edited by Littlebittyfish; 11-20-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #4 
MissAmyzing

My tank is currently only 2 gallons (hoping for a 5 for Christmas!) so it doesn't take too long to do the water change, but I tend to take my time taking everything out, rinsing it, and putting it back in, sometimes rearranging it.

I think about what I could do to improve my tank just about every time I sit down next to it (his tank is conveniently placed next to the sofa in the living room, we get a lot of face time ;D).
MissAmyzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #5 
ArcticRain

Let's just say...... Everyone at Petco knows my name, I watch my tv dramatically less because I'm watching my betta instead and I take up to 1 hour to do a water change because everything has to be perfect for my betta! Note: I only have one betta in a 5 gallon tank...
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #6 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2387 View Post
So I was curious, how much time does everyone spend everyweek changing water? Looking at their fishies swimming around, thinking of what new thing they could try in their tank, going to the petstore?

I only have 1 tank, soon 2 so water change doesn't take me very long but I think I spend too much time thinking about new ways to improve my tank and I go to the petstore at least once a week...

What about you guys?

I am not sure about total time but I change water every day. I usually make a 5 gallon bucket at a time. I change my gallon jars every other day and half of the water in my fry tanks once a day. To clean out 10 gallon jars takes me about 1 hour.

As for watching my fish hours and hours a day...It's not a good thing LOL.
In fact one time I stayed up till after 1 am on a night when I normally go to bed at 11pm because I lost track of time watching my bettas. I never get tired of watching them.

As for the pet store not so much. I only go when I am looking for a specific betta.

Last edited by Bettas Rule; 11-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #7 
nel3

atleast 30 minutes, the 2.5g is a bit different BC i need to add IAL water but the longest so far is 1hr. once it took 4 hours BC i was caught in the middle of an WC and my parents came by and had me running errands around the place grr.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #8 
TaraVictor

I have a 5 gallon tank, so water changes take approximately 20 minutes tops, depending on what I'm actually doing in the tank. For a basic water change, it usually takes 10 minutes, while if I do a full tank cleaning (such as cleaning the plants and ornaments) it can take a bit longer.

I look at Victor everyday. The first thing in a morning I turn the light on to have a look at him. As for visiting the pet store, I've just come back from one, actually. Otherwise I visit them as and when. I find it interesting to look at fish and aquarium equipment, even if I'm not buying, so a trip for that is worth it. =)
TaraVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #9 
toughcookie

I have a 10 gal that i divided into 3 sections. Im always thinking about what i can add or how i can take better care of my babies. I'm pretty hooked on my bettas. My christmas list consists of supplies that i might need for them. As for cleaning i spend about a half and hr-1 hr a week but it depends on what has to be done.
toughcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #10 
ManInBlack2010

i have 3 tanks (a 10g, a 5.5g and a 3.5g) and the water changes usually take around half an hour. i try to spend as much time with them aka watching them and such as i can because i work long hours so they are home alone a lot. That's why each tank has some kind of friend for them and i move their plants and rotate decorations weekly.

and pet stores... well i've got one close to my work so i go there on my lunch break at least once a week, lol and i probably make the trip to the local petsmart every other week at the least
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote