Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #121 
Pitluvs

I personally believe that everyone should do what works for them when it comes to breeding. And that be that. I don't see why these topics have to be brought up. I found forums so much nicer when breeding was not allowed to be discussed. Personally, if I ever breed my Bettas... it won't be a public thing. I'll just do as I do. But I certainly won't breed unless I have the room to keep every single healthy fish I produce. Hence why I have wanted to breed since June and still haven't attempted yet. Males are easy to find homes for here, females not so much.

Everyone is going to have different views, depending on heart, experience, logic.... this thread is just beating a dead horse lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #122 
bettalover2033

That sounds good. I just personally don't support power growing fry, any fry for that case, but I don't judge people and have no right to treat you any different because I disagree.

I've read that power growing fry can lead to a fish not living as long as others who weren't power fed.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #123 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I personally believe that everyone should do what works for them when it comes to breeding. And that be that. I don't see why these topics have to be brought up. I found forums so much nicer when breeding was not allowed to be discussed. Personally, if I ever breed my Bettas... it won't be a public thing. I'll just do as I do. But I certainly won't breed unless I have the room to keep every single healthy fish I produce. Hence why I have wanted to breed since June and still haven't attempted yet. Males are easy to find homes for here, females not so much.

Everyone is going to have different views, depending on heart, experience, logic.... this thread is just beating a dead horse lol
I agree with you. I also wouldn't breed unless I have enough room (as i have satted before) Though this topic is so controversial that it makes people think of everything to avoid a certain part.

I dont understand how the saying relates to the thread. If you explained it, my slow brain my get it then lol. I've No intentions of being rude!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #124 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I agree with you. I also wouldn't breed unless I have enough room (as i have satted before) Though this topic is so controversial that it makes people think of everything to avoid a certain part.

I dont understand how the saying relates to the thread. If you explained it, my slow brain my get it then lol. I've No intentions of being rude!
The last line??
Don't worry about being rude or anything haha I'm not in an aggressive mood or picking up on moods that are not here haha I only fight with Bettas Rules anyways :P
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #125 
bettalover2033

Yes the last line that said:

"this thread is just beating a dead horse"
Old 12-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #126 
Curlyfatbottom

will beating on a dead horse will pass up the time.
bored at my shop.
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #127 
Oldfishlady

Breeding and keeping go hand in hand IMO.....while you don't have to breed fish to be considered a good fish keeper-I also don't think there is anything wrong with breeding this or any species of fish in the home-be it for profit, experience, creation of your own line or keeping an endangered species alive due to habitat destruction.....granted the domesticated Betta splendens most of us keep in our home are not endangered-but the wild cousins habitat is decreasing...

I think what is important when you breed this and any species is to be responsible and respectful of the creatures in your care.....have a plan for not just the breeding project- but a plan for the offspring.

I think sharing experiences is important too and a great way to learn from others in a community with like interest, while we all will not agree-this diversity is what makes forums like this a great learning tool.

The fish keeping hobby is not an exact science in a lot of areas-Lots of different ways to keep, breed, rear fry of this species-its finding what works for you, your fish and what you have on hand-and by coming together and sharing in a respectful manner-opening our minds-thinking outside the box in some cases...we can learn from the diversity within our community and its okay to have a different opinion and we should all respect them and agree to disagree.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #128 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
The last line??
Don't worry about being rude or anything haha I'm not in an aggressive mood or picking up on moods that are not here haha I only fight with Bettas Rules anyways :P
Yeah, I only get aggressive when I'm doing special favors for my friends on the forum. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #129 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Breeding and keeping go hand in hand IMO.....while you don't have to breed fish to be considered a good fish keeper-I also don't think there is anything wrong with breeding this or any species of fish in the home-be it for profit, experience, creation of your own line or keeping an endangered species alive due to habitat destruction.....granted the domesticated Betta splendens most of us keep in our home are not endangered-but the wild cousins habitat is decreasing...

I think what is important when you breed this and any species is to be responsible and respectful of the creatures in your care.....have a plan for not just the breeding project- but a plan for the offspring.

I think sharing experiences is important too and a great way to learn from others in a community with like interest, while we all will not agree-this diversity is what makes forums like this a great learning tool.

The fish keeping hobby is not an exact science in a lot of areas-Lots of different ways to keep, breed, rear fry of this species-its finding what works for you, your fish and what you have on hand-and by coming together and sharing in a respectful manner-opening our minds-thinking outside the box in some cases...we can learn from the diversity within our community and its okay to have a different opinion and we should all respect them and agree to disagree.....
Well said! I think the most important part of having such a diverse forum such as this one is keeping the discussion in a civil manner and now where one treats another differently because they disagree. Also One of the most troubled things on this forum is that some of us don't know how to take respectful criticism correctly because they feel that the person is going against them and are doing it on purpose. I know this from experience because this is the first and only forum I have ever been on. I took all comments about how I was keeping my first betta in a wrong container and felt that no one even said anything about what I was trying to express, but as I learned more about them, I noticed that i was just reading them in a negative way and didn't take into consideration that they were trying to help me.

When you said: "I think what is important when you breed this and any species is to be responsible and respectful of the creatures in your care."

I say the same thing all the time, if the person doesn't try to take into consideration that the fish has a purpose other than making them money and stop treating them as cattle, they might actually be able to perfect the fish or animal that they are breeding and give the respect that they deserve. Many people just don't completely understand them like most of us do.

-BL2033
Old 12-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #130 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Yeah, I only get aggressive when I'm doing special favors for my friends on the forum. lol
Haha! Well I ask you to do so much and trust me if you are getting aggressive, you do a heck of a job hiding it! lol