Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Exclamation Oh my gosh BLOODY FINS??!!

This has never happened!!! I am treating El Dorado for ich, at 4 tsp of AQ salt in total, in a 10 gallon which now is at 86 degrees as suggested to speed up ich life cycle!!

I come home after work, the ich is a little less BUT THE TIPS OF HIS FINS ARE BLOODY, RED!

What happened? What can I do?? I've never seen this happen! Please help!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I am now doing a 50% water change, and turning down the adjustable automatic heater he has. What do I do? :(
Old 11-25-2011, 03:45 AM   #3 
Larsa

I think it was smart to give him a water change! Id QT him in a small container with daily warm water until a diagnose is confirmed. It might be septicemia, an internal bacterial disease that gets in the bloodstream. It can be caused by a stressed betta exposed to bacteria in the water and is promoted by temperature drop. My Izume has that right now and he has had it for quite a few months and I constantly give him daily water changes. :( People thought it was marbling but he is healing in a lot of areas and getting bloodier on other parts of his body, so its not marbling. Has he had any recent injuries? Maybe he nipped at his tail and it lead to bleeding too. A picture would help for a diagnose. ^-^ here are some threads about septicemia:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=81579 <--- mine
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....ght=septicemia
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....ght=septicemia

I have found a lil bit of tetracycline and clean, warm water helps heal the bloody streaks, but not long-term. Anti-parasite yes parasite Jungle pellets dipped in garlic juice can help too, but some fish wont eat it :(
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

We dont have anti parasite anything! And I cant wait 2 weeks for it to ship ;( i have maracyn, AQ and EP salt D: there is no streaking through his fins, the edges look... Slightly raggy with curled tips where it is red.
However... I did notice a "T", sideways with the top part lining the end of his body and the long part going towards his body. I didn't know what it was - is that what you're talking about? It's only on one side...

I hate this town ;( we dont have that kind of stuff.. I could check the petstore but it's like 99% unlikely.

Although on the thread it says 3 tsp epsom and tannins... Only problem is that he has ich ;( dont want to use AQ EP and tannins... Will maracyn get rid of ich? Or help??

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 11-25-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Oh. My. Gosh. We HAVE ANTI PARASITE SHTUFF!!! no pellets, but eiher Furan 2 by API powder packets or pop-pop-fizz-fizz parasite clear by jungle :)
Old 11-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

ok ok so I pu in the Jungle thing, one as it said to for 10 gallons - I just tipped him back in the 10 gallon and did another 50% water change before hand, with tap water conditioner added. I hope it works <3
Old 11-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #7 
Luimeril

can you get pics of it? when clamped, the tips of Sniper's clear fins look kinda red, but it's just an illusion..... i'm not saying El Dorado doesn't have anything wrong, but it'd be good to have a visual...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

my camera is dead.... and his fins are not even clamped o_O and he is active, eating, not breathing hard.... (weirdo...) El Dorado, is all yellow with his black head - as seen in the pictures I do have (before). now, only the raggy ends are red and some red is now streaking through a small part of his tail. it happened overnight.... But, even if there is nothing internal, that Jungle stuff'll kill the kill :)
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

He is no longer eating. he refuses pellets and FDB....

and OH MY GOSH SOMEONE HAS MY BETTA!!! erm... looks the same. exactly the same. blood and all :o so I used their pic

"When Septicemia has not been treated and advances further, open sores will begin to appear. The final stages of Septicemia will cause pop eye. As you can see from the image below, infection has become so severe that one eye of the betta fish has literally bulged or “popped” out. If your fish has gotten to the point of pop eye, be sure to treat the tank immediately. There is still hope, but there could be permanent damage to your fish. The sooner you can catch and treat Septicemia, the better chance your betta has at surviving the infection."

So I am treating it at the first signs.... good.

But that tank is always kept clean... gravel siphon used to get the bigger pieces and all....
Attached Images

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 11-26-2011 at 08:30 PM.