Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #1 
Vizja13

Divided 10 gallon stocking?

Hiya all! I hava a ten gallon tank, heated, filtered, covered...the likes

I need to clean it ot a biit, I lost Teague and kinda let it get a bunch of algea :(

Anyway, I will be getting a breeding pair from my friend soon, abnd plan to put the male and female each on their own side...howver, I would love to add some other fish in the meantime :) I dont even know if my friend has spawned them yet. However, I want to be able to introduce the bettas in with whatever I add to the tank.

Some info about the tank
Filter: WHisper 10, baffled...also have a small air filter on the other side of divider to keep the surface moving. Very low flow.
Size: Rectangular 10 gal, divided w/ homemade divider. Very sturdy, mesh w/ report bindings
Substrate: Tahitian Moon sand, black.
Lighting: Two bulbs, these http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11248156
heater: yeah...this needs work, and I may need to replace it. Its oldddd....and I think thats what may have caused issues with Teague, temp fluctuations wthought me noticing. My room is warm enough that a heater is not neccesary to have warm enough water though. SO I will work that out
Decorations: ATM, Teagues old shipwreck decoration and some plastic plants. Thinking about planting it, but IDK if I can do that...most plants hate me. Also has a river rock retaining wall I built with AQ sealant
Fish: ATM, none. WIll be adding a male and female HM to the tank. each will have half (female on side w/ baffled Whisper 10, male on side with air filter and heater, whether its turned on or not)

i think thats everything???
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Not big enough, unless you do snail or shrimp. If it was a 10g alone, with a betta and others it would be ok but where it's really two 5g tanks, there shouldn't be any other fish added.

Forgive me, but if you have your male and female able to see eachother all the time, will that hinder spawning? lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #3 
Vizja13

Hahah okay, so shrimp it is :) thats what I thought I'd get, but no harm in checking.

And will it? :/ I guess I never thought of that. The divider is black, but it does have holes in it...guess I will have to do more reaserch on that!
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #4 
Silverfang

if it's made of black plastic canvas they will still be able to see each other. I have one and my boys enjoy flaring bouts.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #5 
helms97

African dwarf frogs would be fine
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote