Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #11 
afishpond

for reson they like small container's may be from all the breeding for year in small bowls i 15 all of them in 1 gal. and other i in and pair in 10 tanks with lots of plants and guppy's
afishpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #12 
turtle10

Some bettas really do prefer smaller tanks. While I am not saying to go out and get a .2 gallon (lol can you imagine), 2 gallons, though seemingly small, can be perfect for a betta. Obviously, more water changes may be required, but size-wise it is fine. I think 2.5 gallons and up is a good general rule, as most bettas would appreciate the larger size, but going a bit below to 2 gallons may be the only way to keep a betta happy. My betta loves his 10g but I have heard of bettas here that got larger tanks and not like them at all, even allowing for adjustment time. They just weren't happy outside of their little "area". I guess they are similar to humans, some people like big mansions, some like average houses, and others prefer a small cabin. Lol, my analogies.

Also, at target they sell these glass jars to hold flour and sugar which would also work as a tank. They are also about two gallons.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #13 
wwendy104

I have one betta who does great in a bigger tank and 3 who get very stressed in anything over 2 gallons. I have two who are in 1.5 gallons and happy as can be. I've tried to move them out into a bigger tank and they didn't do well so Ive just come to the conclusion that they like the smaller tank. However they are all fairly young except for the one in the big tank so I hope as they mature I will be able to move them back into the bigger tanks. I got my last 3 at Petsmart and they were all pretty tiny babies, it seems lately they carry more baby fish then anything.

I find that the cookie jar is perfect actually for them. The one I have in the jar is happy and loves it. It is very eye pleasing in my living room as well. I recently put a light in there so that at night we can see him but it is a color change LED that is put on for only a couple hours at night sometimes and doesn't contain a white light at all. He doesn't seem to mind it.
wwendy104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #14 
afishpond

well for breeding them i like the gal. as they grow and you can put any were some like to use smaller but i seen breeder who set them with hole in them he had 20 of them for his male breeder and he raised for show .works good for he and them but good food and clean water help them more than anything .
afishpond is offline   Reply With Quote