Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #1 
LittleNibbles93

Fake plants off ebay: Yay or nay?

Sooo....Petco has a limited supply of decor and plants (most of which I don't like), and we have no Petsmart.

Would it be safe to buy fake plants on ebay? I won't buy the nasty ones, just the ones that have been lightly used, and I'd clean them off real well.

There's some pretty good deals on ebay too :O And...I need some nice deals.
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #2 
Moclam

I'd think it'd be alright. Just as long as you make sure you don't get ripped off, why not? :)
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

I agree... since you won't be able to touch them before buying, make sure you buy plants that look very smooth. You don't want them too rough so they tear up your fish's fins
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #4 
themagicfish

Has anyone ordered from sellers in china?

There are a lot of sellers selling fake plants, ornaments, air stones, etc. I even found live plants. Are they safe to put in the water? I would never get anything that plugs into an electric outlet, I just don't feel safe with that. I found a lot of cool things for about a dollar.

Last edited by themagicfish; 11-29-2011 at 01:56 PM.
themagicfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #5 
Edifiler

I bought a whole heap of decor for my "sorority" tank off ebay, but no plants though ._. i've read stories of nasty plants tearing up peoples fishes. So i generally keep away from them unless its silk. But these "silk" plants you get off the internet sometimes also hurt your fishes ._.
I also bought some java moss for around 6$ for a teenny weeny amount. And the next day i popped into my local pet store and i saw a big container of Java moss for only 3$ ._.
As for electrical, i bought a submersible light for my fish tank off ebay, it hasnt arrived yet but when it does i'll be sure to see for quality.
Edifiler is offline   Reply With Quote