Betta Fish Forum banner

Fake plants off ebay: Yay or nay?

575 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Edifiler 
#1 ·
Sooo....Petco has a limited supply of decor and plants (most of which I don't like), and we have no Petsmart.

Would it be safe to buy fake plants on ebay? I won't buy the nasty ones, just the ones that have been lightly used, and I'd clean them off real well.

There's some pretty good deals on ebay too :O And...I need some nice deals.

#4 · (Edited)
Has anyone ordered from sellers in china?

There are a lot of sellers selling fake plants, ornaments, air stones, etc. I even found live plants. Are they safe to put in the water? I would never get anything that plugs into an electric outlet, I just don't feel safe with that. I found a lot of cool things for about a dollar.

#5 ·
I bought a whole heap of decor for my "sorority" tank off ebay, but no plants though ._. i've read stories of nasty plants tearing up peoples fishes. So i generally keep away from them unless its silk. But these "silk" plants you get off the internet sometimes also hurt your fishes ._.
I also bought some java moss for around 6$ for a teenny weeny amount. And the next day i popped into my local pet store and i saw a big container of Java moss for only 3$ ._.
As for electrical, i bought a submersible light for my fish tank off ebay, it hasnt arrived yet but when it does i'll be sure to see for quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.