Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #21 
betta lover1507

not to DBP (double post {just made it up LOL]) but strawberry also has blue rays if that is important and her body ain't like flesh i would say =| in a certain light she looks like she has a white colored body. she has a carp shaped face (that's it one of here babies will be named carpy) it is more round and binged in FYI

sorry to hear that luimeril =[ she probably is a bi-color BUT it dosen't explain her red face (does it?) i already have a bi-color "luna" and her face is black like her body (maybe cause luna is a wild-type or something?)

Last edited by betta lover1507; 11-25-2011 at 08:23 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #22 
Luimeril

then she might just be a multi color. :3 my Lulu's a multi. black body, with red and blue in her fins.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #23 
betta lover1507

umm... how about strawberry's face? it perfectly placed in-front of her gills and on top of her goes nicely to her top fin (forgot the fin's name)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #24 
EvilVOG

dark red head, lavender/blue iridescent body, red tail and anal fin, Dorsal fin was kind of a blue purple red rainbow effect. Definitely not Cambodian, or at least what i know of them. So i'm just going to go with multicolor.

A semi-local grocery store chain had females that were almost a perfect color match for my CT, but i think it was a HM or PK or somewhere in there... less than 180 degree, rounded edges, and they were huge! Right around 3 inches. think i might go back for one tomorrow but i'm not sure as there was like 1 dead fish in each tank... :X

did snap a pic but it picked up some ceiling reflection i didn't notice...

EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #25 
EvilVOG

ps it's really, really hard to find a female CT, i went to 7 different pet stores and didn't find any.

May have to give up on breeding mine, there's not really all that much on aquabid, definitely none i like enough to send $40 to some sketchy guy in Southeast Asia... no offence.

maybe go with another veil for my female? I saw some nice red ones at this little old lady's shop. Plus they're really cheap there, and the lady is really cool, she makes some of her own equipment... like divided aquariums. May buy one if i can figure out how to blackout the glass dividers... any ideas?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #26 
Luimeril

are you located in the US? if so, shoot Chard56 a message on here. he has some BEAUTIFUL CTs, and may have some females you can pick from. :3
Old 11-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #27 
EvilVOG

thx for the tip... i thought i had my location displayed... i'll go fix that now
Old 11-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #28 
Luimeril

Chard has a cute little copper CT girl on Aquabid now, and i'm sure he has more he doesn't have listed. sure, it costs more than what you'd pay at a pet store, but imo, it's worth it. i paid $16 for my blue marble veil male, and i do NOT regret it. :V
Old 11-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #29 
1fish2fish

Martinismommy on here also has excellent CT females. She doesn't have any posted right now but I'm sure if you send her a PM she might have something for you. Her CTs come from show winners and are looking VERY nice.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #30 
Luimeril

i didn't know she bred CTs! i adore her HMs, though!