Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #1 
nel3

new betta #4

i was looking for a pinapple CT and happened to find one rather similar in an LPS, the other possible one was a thai betta. i decided for lps and save me $30 or so. he's either a pineapple, a chocolate or a young black betta. the jury is still out on a descision until i get some pics posted. his fins have a uniform black edging on all fins. i have yet to come up with a name for him.

his mason jar was far from ideal in the lps, some may consider this a "rescue" but i just got him BC i like his appearance for my current target. i did a test on his water, got 5ppm nitrite, 10 nitrate and 6ppm ammonia. he's going into a 1gal heated, not ideal but decent. the heated is being tested atm so he'll have to go without one tonight. still needs a thermometer so i took one from Nel (5g divided) for the time. i'll post a pic of him when i get him in the 1gal.

Last edited by nel3; 11-25-2011 at 11:17 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #2 
nel3

i got some pictures up but i'll get the other camera that has better pics today. he's shy but does eat well when i leave him to explore for food. red a pellet and and a small flake. took me 2.5 hours to acclimate him from that high nitrate and ammonia LPS water.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #3 
BeautifulBetta

Good find :) Never seen a CT that colour before :)
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

We have VT's here that color, very dark lines between the scales right? I cant see the pics very well but I know what he looks like from looking at them here. Congrats! I wanted to take one home too, love them.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #5 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Good find :) Never seen a CT that colour before :)
thank you, its the first time i see a CT of that colour also. i was thinking of getting a Thai pineapple but this guy has saved me $30 and the trouble of playing with water ph. im even surprised that i was lucky to catch a CT like that, most i found were VT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
We have VT's here that color, very dark lines between the scales right? I cant see the pics very well but I know what he looks like from looking at them here. Congrats! I wanted to take one home too, love them.
thank you Pit luvs. the 2 LPS often have betta of this color, some have begining of dark scales, some are bound to be a different colour. he's the only onle like that i found at this particular LPS that was a ct. saw a VT with a platypus caudal from the same shop (a cull fish). the CT was the only one of this colour when i got him. they have more VTs like him in the past and present. it must be a main betta line they get.

welcome to the 10yr old digital camera. i dont like it myself, it sucks AA batteries like SUVs and gas but its a handme down. my parents gota better one and im probably going to get a new one when prices are better. i'll borrow the better camera/buy a new one next chance i get. i'll try the current agin a bit later

the lines are more like coincidentally patterned scales. he's more on the dark side for colouring and black edges hint to more prominent black fin edges. not sure if chocolate or pineapple suit him best, he does have a blue luster shine on his scales. he's far from show quality, web reduction is uneven between 50 and 30% on caudal, the other fins are more consistent 50%

Last edited by nel3; 11-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #6 
nel3

i got my hands on the better digital camera. here's blitzkreig in better quality pics. i have a 8' fake Nuphar Japonica plant in there along with one i made from extra leaves from my other fake plants.