Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #11 
mountaintrout

I have moved my Guy to a 30 gallon and he was just charging everywhere staking out his territory and now playing in the filter flow. All of mine have enjoyed the bigger tanks. My new sorority tank is full of hidyholes and plants. Its another 30 and will have a %ood number of ladies and an old male that thinks he is a lady. He's been with 3 ladies forever ....ill still have to watch him after th3 move, but I think he is just that way.
mountaintrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

hahahaha nice!!! xDD I think I'd LOVE if I could add a male to my females... unfortunately I am a chicken and have ornery males, other than Spartan, but Spartan would get annoyed by zippy gals nipping at him -.- so I wouldn't bother.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #13 
mountaintrout

today will be the day to see how they all do. wish me luck!
mountaintrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #14 
laughing

Julep despises deep water... "Deep" as in a 2.5 gallon mini bow filled up! LOL. He really likes it half filled, but now he's got it full planted so it can't be. I found this really awesome tank at Goodwill that was HUGE but was super shallow. I wanted to purchase it for him but I had no where to put it! Must've been at least 10 gallons but only 5-8 inches high I would say. He would've loved that thing!!

When I had Kaida temporarily in the 10 gallon she freaked at first. 2-3 days later she was back to normal and being her silly little self. Fandango struts the 10 gallon like he owns the place... oh wait!! LOL.

It's not a strange occurance, just isn't too frequent.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #15 
emeraldsky

Pichi, my halfmoon was in my 40g breeder that I had divided and had about 8 gallons to himself.

He liked it well enough for a week but I came him one day and he had 2 MASSIVE chomps out of his tail x.x

So I shifted everyone around and he ended up in my 5 gallon by himself. I figured he started biting from being housed with other male bettas, even if it was divided. He stopped biting but was a bit listless. I assumed it was from not having a heater in the tank (Its on my buy list)

THEN situations changed and I had to divide my 5 gallon. Decided to take a chance and throw in my other tailbiter, Chai, on the other side.

Pichi now scoots along the tank and never stops, he's brightened up and his fins are just about grown back. Hes so enthusiastic, I imagine him screaming like a toddler every time he swims across his meager 2.5 gallons LOL
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #16 
Rosso1011

Bettabubble, I have not encountered that problem with my betta. I recently moved him from a 1 gallon to a 3.5. It's been a week, he seems to be doing okay. Did you move him from a filtered tank to an unfiltered tank? I'm just curious because I don't recall seeing any mention of filters being present or not present.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote