Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #1 
Bettabubble3

Unhappy Help!! My fishy eyes!

So I recently just got my betta half moon but today I noticEd he got onr tiny gray speck on each eye kind of by the pupil he's acting normally and everything! He just ate and He lives in a 5.5 gallon tank with filter and hood and lights no heater because my room is always hot and he just made a bubble nest I just gave him aquarium salt 1 tablespoon I don't know of its ick because his head had a gray speck on it and now it's gone but I don't think it is his eyes look normal to me I don't know what swollen eyes look like but I'm freaking out cause if anything happens to him I'm going to Die help me pleaseI can't take any pictures cause you can't see it at all do pleas help
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #2 
Bettabubble3

It's actually not on his pupil just at the corner of his eye like .() like that the pupils move around and the gray speck isn't on it
Old 11-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #3 
Bettabubble3

Actually one eye is swollen! How do I prevent him from losing an eye
Old 11-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Since he is otherwise acting fine and eating with one slightly swollen eye....I would watch him for now and keep up with the water changes...I would get the salt out by doing a couple of 50% back to back water changes-if the eye continues to swell or the other eye starts to swell too...I would place him in a small bare QT container that can be floated in the heated tank to maintain temp in the 76-77F range and start him on Epsom salt 2tsp/gal (Not aquarium salt) and tannins premixed in a 1gal jug of dechlorinated water to use for water changes in the small QT container......good nutrition and good water quality right now and watch him...like I am sure you are already doing..lol.......post a pic and fill this out too.....
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote