Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #11 
Bonbonisbff

My betta adores the shrimp!!! He looks at them and literally, PLAYS with them! They swim together and everything!!! He is the least aggressive betta I've ever had :) Good luck!
Bonbonisbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #12 
wnppmy

Luck of the draw is perhaps your Betta, I try to keep my Betta fed, found 8 or more pellets and he doesn't eat much the next morning, my ritual is 3 in the morning and 1 to 3 max in evening works great, so far my two Ghost Shrimp made it the first week. Perhaps a fed Betta is best, try to avoid fasting ! Betta will overfeed if you let, likely very reason some fast them. Hungry and Look out Shrimp. Good news Shrimp are only 33 cents.
Meanwhile checking to see if my Shrimp survived another day

My Shrimp on Marimo moss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOt2q...e_gdata_player

Last edited by wnppmy; 01-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.
wnppmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

Try moe dense cover. Both bettas and shirmp love it :) What you could try doing is sticking with snails like mystery or apple, as they are bigger than nerites. i've noticed most of my bettas (asides from the top aggressors labelled as the "nothing with them" fish) didn't mind having one of those.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #14 
tolkiennerd

my betta ate 3 ghost shrip and killd another. Too bad as they kept his tank really clean.
tolkiennerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #15 
Myrtaceae

Yeah, I've attempted to keep a total of 3 bettas with ghost shrimp and so far 2 of the bettas went psycho killer on me. Can't blame 'em; it's just instinct. :/

The first betta acted aggressive immediately and killed them overnight. This was years ago though, and I didn't have very much in the way of small nooks & crannies in his tank for the shrimp to hide. The second was in a community tank and left them alone, but it was a much taller tank and the betta rarely went that close to the bottom anyway. Most recently I had a betta with ghost shrimp & tons of small places for the shrimp to hide in that the betta couldn't fit through, but after about a week he started killing them...le sigh.

I adore ghost shrimp though, so I have a separate invert tank now. I'm mad jealous of the people who have bettas that leave their shrimp alone!
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #16 
Scruffy Nerfherder

Bettas really are little stinkers, aren't they?
Scruffy Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #17 
Sena Hansler

I saw in the store, a betta with ghost shrimp and cherry shrimp. ALL ghost shrimp were dead, with the distinguishable bit emarks the cherry shrimp were staring down the betta, and vice versa... then they'd drift away from him when he went for them ><
Old 01-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #18 
kfryman

My girl Kei leaves them alone. What is funny her name means Lucky in Japanese. Even when they swim up to her. I think 2 of 3 died but she didn't kill them as they probably caused more harm to her then she has to them if thats possible lol.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Old 01-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #20 
Tappy4me

I have yet to be able to keep any ghost shrimp with my bettas. One of my previous bettas would tolerate them for about 2 weeks, then they became lunch.
Tappy4me is offline   Reply With Quote