Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #1 
r3h0ld3r

Eclipse 1 baffle

I've got an eclipse 1 15 gallon tank that currently has a chiclid in it. I'm planning on getting rid of him and starting a female betta sorority. My question is, does the eclipse 1 need a baffle in order to be comfortable for bettas?

If not, I was trying to think of an effective baffle design. Does anyone have any suggestions? I already tried a sponge, but the flow is way too strong for that. I was thinking of connecting a pipe to the output and redirecting the flow, or drilling holes in the pipe to reduce the pressure. Not sure how effective that would be though.
r3h0ld3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #2 
Myates

Females can take the water current more then males- just as long as the surface is pretty calm the girls should be fine.

Otherwise I would redirect the flow or can try the bottle filter version.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #3 
Super Sly

The water bottle does work great. I have a 20-40g filter in my ten....overkill yes but its all i had at the time being lol. The water bottle baffle makes it comfortable for my littlest guy and his cories.
Super Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #4 
r3h0ld3r

I've looked at that thread before, but it just doesn't seem possible due to the construction of the eclipse 1's output. I suppose I could try it.
r3h0ld3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #5 
bastage

So I dont have an eclipse 1 so I dont know for sure, But I have an eclipse 3 & the water return is something the water bottle wont work on. I can however turn my little return dumps & drump the water at the back of the tank or even at each other (I have 2 returns & if I point them at each othere there is about 1/2" in the middle).
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote