Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #21 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I think they mean post a picture.

Save the picture to either your gallery on here or a photo site like www.photobucket.com then just copy and past the code that starts like this [img]

I got one of the babies about 2 weeks ago. It was so tiny, I just couldn't leave her to rot at petco. Well, I suppose I could of, but I didn't. Her name is Heartstrings and her she is in a 1 gallon tank. Sometimes I have to look real hard to find her in it, if she is behind the cave or plant. She can eat the tiny pellets and my main concern was that she was too small for them.

WOW she is tiny! I can't even believe that is a one gallon, I was sure it was at least 5 gallons. It makes me so mad they are selling them this small.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #22 
pumpkinspikepie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
Good for you Pumpkin !!! Looking forward to photo's.
what heater are you using in the 2.5 gallon ?
I sued to be a trainer there (dogs ) when it was run by a big training firm... I applaud your thoughtfulness.
Oh thank you! A lot of my coworkers are misinformed about bettas, so I try and be the first to talk to customers that are looking at the bettas... Haha.

On my 2.5 and 5 gal tanks, I've just been using the crappy preset Tetra heaters, and I'm not totally pleased with them as they're not usually that warm. Would you suggest something different?
pumpkinspikepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #23 
acadialover

L:OLOL I meant I USED to be a dog trainer there....
Well, it is hard to keep heat stable in a small container like the two gallon . I was at Petco the other day and found one of the 2 gal Aquean(sp ) mini bows in a sale bin. It was 10.00 because the included filter was not in the box. Great deal.... I've been having a hard time to regulate and learned on another Betta forum that it is hard in that small. I do have adjustable heaters... visitherm
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #24 
pumpkinspikepie

I'm reading really mixed reviews on the Visi-therm heaters. I might just break down and get the Elite ones since my 10gal and 15gal each have one and I've yet to have an issue with either.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #25 
acadialover

where are the reviews ? I've had one in my 45 g. for about 9 years... keeps perfect temp.
HEy don't you get a discount ?/ I'd go for an Elite in a heartbeat.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #26 
pumpkinspikepie

I was looking on Amazon and the size I needed had four reviews, two with five stars and two with one star. The two poor reviews mentioned severe overheating.

I do get a discount but I don't think we have the Elite heater that I want. Right now it's on Amazon for $11.65, and since I need three or four of them, that's a sweet price, and probably a better one than I'd get with my discount.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #27 
acadialover

Good to know !! Maybe I'll try the Elite. That is a sweet price.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #28 
Tikibirds

I have four of the Hagen elite heaters and they work much better then the tetra ones. I got them in the petco pet keepers.

Quote:
WOW she is tiny! I can't even believe that is a one gallon, I was sure it was at least 5 gallons. It makes me so mad they are selling them this small.
Nope, it's a Hawkeye 1 gallon corner tank, except I removed the undergravel filter thing.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-1-...-Pets/10312983

I want to put her in the 20 gallon but I just had one girl die of columnaris. The others seem fine but I don't want to risk putting her in there especially since I don't have access to any of the normal treatments here. :( All I can find is Maracyn Oxy and that didnt do a thing for poor amaratsu.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #29 
mountaintrout

i have an old heater that has worked so well well for so long and its so old i cant even make out the name on it. oh the good old days of quality. i truly believe things are designed to have a life limit so you have to rebuy after a few years.
mountaintrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #30 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Oh by the way I meant I am mad that they are selling the fish too small, I think the 1 gallon is fine for her size for now.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote