Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #1 
ParisRose

Unhappy Just Not Recovering... Help?

Hello,
Alright so I had two bettas in one 10 gal (divided) a while ago. One day when I was at school they broke through the divider. My once beautiful was greatly injured. I bought another 10 gal and kept the water pristine. He still got fin rot. Me being the oblivious teenager I am didn't catch it for a while. Now he looks like a plakat with fin rot... For a while I've had him in a half gal with a little salt and daily to every other day water changes. It's not working as well as I'd hoped. He sits either at the top or at the bottom. Then sometimes I can see him almost freak out and gasp for air. My mother came into my room the other day and asked me when he was going to die. Right now I'm considering running a salt bath and then putting him into a comfortable 2.5 gal with a cup and a few plants to rest in.
Any Advice?

Last edited by ParisRose; 11-24-2011 at 04:10 PM.
ParisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #2 
monroe0704

If you had some indian almond leaf on hand, I'd suggest putting that in a smaller quarantine tank. Definitely move him to a smaller tank... it's too difficult for him to make that journey up for air in a 10 gal. I also had a divider fiasco the other day and both my males are 100% better today after using the IAL and turning the heat up a bit.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #3 
ParisRose

I came home from school today and he was gone...Poor Asher... Today I considered putting him out of his misery. All nice and peaceful like. I guess nature beat me to it. I wish Church hadn't attacked him he was such a pretty fish. I never could find any IAL... Money issues and not gonna lie it slipped my mind while I was out. For that I feel terrible.
ParisRose is offline   Reply With Quote