Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #1 
GrellxUndertaker

I think she shouldn't have ANY fish

So my cousin has a goldfish and a cleaning fish in a Five gallon tank there is no aration for the poor thing and she over feeds the fish causing the water to be brow in what she would call a week. She also doesn't bother to scrub the tank. And she doesn't seem to care for anything I say. What should I do she's only nine and a bit of a brat in my mind. Any idea of what to do?
GrellxUndertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #2 
zepherina

she sounds like my cousin!

she was the first one to buy a betta, she did it out of impulse and he only had a bowl, and she would let the bowl get SO GROSS, there was film of muck on the top and all kinds of crap, it made me so mad! and either myself or me screaming at her to clean it would get her to do it, well her poor betta ended up getting sick. so she finally got a tank that was filtered, but the poor thing had fin rot and was just sick, and she still didnt care, and then i found out she just stop feeding it so it died. -_-

now she had a gorgeous HM tailed betta, and im CONSTANTLY down her throat about taking care of him. she got a 3 gallon tank and her got lil neons for his tank and theres all kinds of plants. it really does make me mad.

im no sure theres really much you can do, most people only see fish as fish. you could try talking to her parents about it.
zepherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #3 
GrellxUndertaker

Well, luckily i got to clean out the tank today, and put in a filter. The whole tank was COVERED in alge and fish filth. It was absolutely nasty. I had to wash the rocks four times before i was satisfied with the color of the water and i also had to scrub the decorations...they have an alge eater but he doesn't do much.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #4 
zepherina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrellxUndertaker View Post
Well, luckily i got to clean out the tank today, and put in a filter. The whole tank was COVERED in alge and fish filth. It was absolutely nasty. I had to wash the rocks four times before i was satisfied with the color of the water and i also had to scrub the decorations...they have an alge eater but he doesn't do much.

how big is the alge eater? i mean if hes a lil guy and its a 5g tank hes got alot of work on his hands! atleast it makes sense to me anyways, the 2.5g tank my cousin gave me i went back and cleaned cause i know she didnt take care of her fish, i even got a new tooth brush and scrubbed it.

i have to clean my tanks today too.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #5 
GrellxUndertaker

He's a little guy. And yeah i would have too.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #6 
erinandares

Well, he might not have felt like cleaning the algea. Imagining the primoridal goop that must have been in that tank, he was probably feeling ill and didn't care to eat the algea... ):

You might be able to upgrade the tank for christmas? But then again, that goldfish is going to need a lot of room... And bratty kids don't like to listen to the well-intentioned. Sigh.... She would probably let that one go, too. :/ I hate it when parents give kids pets they can't and won't take care of. I'd like to see the parents let her neglect and abuse a puppy. >:/
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #7 
ManInBlack2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandares View Post
I hate it when parents give kids pets they can't and won't take care of. I'd like to see the parents let her neglect and abuse a puppy. >:/
^this
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #8 
GrellxUndertaker

Today i also learned they don't treat the water They just use regular tap....and she had more fish then just those but they all died......she tried to keep angel fish. which i don't know are cold water or not, but i heard they can be agressive...
Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #9 
erinandares

Angel fish are tropical and grow to be very tall. I know that for sure. I'm not positive, but from what I've read they require very specific water needs and envrionment needs. I feel so bad for them if the five gallon was what she tried to keep them in. They would surely have died very quickly. :/

Did she have more than those all together in the same tank? Like, goldfish with angels with algea eater? All smashed together in a tiny tank?? With untreated water??? The fish gods need to be merciful and take this goldfish and algea eater and then ensure she never gets fish again!!
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #10 
zepherina

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandares View Post
Well, he might not have felt like cleaning the algea. Imagining the primoridal goop that must have been in that tank, he was probably feeling ill and didn't care to eat the algea... ):

You might be able to upgrade the tank for christmas? But then again, that goldfish is going to need a lot of room... And bratty kids don't like to listen to the well-intentioned. Sigh.... She would probably let that one go, too. :/ I hate it when parents give kids pets they can't and won't take care of. I'd like to see the parents let her neglect and abuse a puppy. >:/

its like with my cousin, and her first betta, she didnt take care of it so it got sick, then she just stopped caring and straved it to death!!!! she said "i didnt want it anymore, it was ugly" and EVERYONE told her she wasnt allowed to have childern.

and granted this girl isnt a small bratty child, shes 19 with a job and she had the power to save her fish.

i was talking to her about all this stuff she needs for her new betta and she was like "its just a fish!!"

and i was like, and a dogs a dog and a cats a cat, you gonna neglect those too? uuggghhhh, -_- if i see her not taking care of her new betta im taking it. she can fight me for it!! lol