Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #11 
emeraldsky

Id be looking at dwarfs, they stay about 3 inches ^^
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #12 
bettalover2033

I've never heard of a "Dwarf" African Cichlid. African Cichlids need at least 30 gallons, (29 gallons won't effect them much) Also if you decide to get African Cichlids, I only suggest 5 at the most. And that is even pushing the limits.

I would recommend Angelfish, whenever and wherever I can. Angelfish are beautiful and can get up to 10 inches in "height." Amazing fish, they are!

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #13 
LittleBettas

29 gallon is right about min. for a parrot fish. I grew up with these guys (as did my mom) and they are FUN, my sister had one, Casanova, who she taught to eat from peoples hands, he loved EVERYONE, I had one named Duncan, he would hide from anyone BUT me (they are extremelly smart and each have their own personality) like bettas, some can be with other fsh, some cant, though from myexperiance, most do not mind a few extra fish, but make sure NO aggressive fish as most parrots are easily picked on :)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Id be looking at dwarfs, they stay about 3 inches ^^
Apistogrammas or rams are both nice-looking fish. I have seen some stunning tanks done with a pair of apistogramma, a peaceful species of schooling fish, and a group of corydoras for a clean-up crew.

I could imagine this could easily be done in a 29 gallon tank. Though maybe a smaller species of corydoras would be recommended if the tank is tall rather than wide.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #15 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I've never heard of a "Dwarf" African Cichlid. African Cichlids need at least 30 gallons, (29 gallons won't effect them much) Also if you decide to get African Cichlids, I only suggest 5 at the most. And that is even pushing the limits.

I would recommend Angelfish, whenever and wherever I can. Angelfish are beautiful and can get up to 10 inches in "height." Amazing fish, they are!

-BL2033

Im definitely considering angelfish, they are SO pretty. Id want 2 but im a bit worried with aggression issues in case they dont turn out to be a spawning pair. Heard some nasty things about them when they get older.

Right now my options are:
1 King betta/1 small school of something or
2 Angelfish or
2 Chiclids (maybe 3) or
2 Ryukin goldfish

LOVE the ryukins though.
The little fatties are so adorable XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
29 gallon is right about min. for a parrot fish. I grew up with these guys (as did my mom) and they are FUN, my sister had one, Casanova, who she taught to eat from peoples hands, he loved EVERYONE, I had one named Duncan, he would hide from anyone BUT me (they are extremelly smart and each have their own personality) like bettas, some can be with other fsh, some cant, though from myexperiance, most do not mind a few extra fish, but make sure NO aggressive fish as most parrots are easily picked on :)
Looked up parrot fish and im not partial to them unfortunately D: The body shape is a little weird for me, they sound pretty neat though! c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Apistogrammas or rams are both nice-looking fish. I have seen some stunning tanks done with a pair of apistogramma, a peaceful species of schooling fish, and a group of corydoras for a clean-up crew.

I could imagine this could easily be done in a 29 gallon tank. Though maybe a smaller species of corydoras would be recommended if the tank is tall rather than wide.
Ive heard a lot of good things about rams, Ill have to look into them more ^^
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #16 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Im definitely considering angelfish, they are SO pretty. Id want 2 but im a bit worried with aggression issues in case they dont turn out to be a spawning pair. Heard some nasty things about them when they get older.

Right now my options are:
1 King betta/1 small school of something or
2 Angelfish or
2 Chiclids (maybe 3) or
2 Ryukin goldfish

LOVE the ryukins though.
The little fatties are so adorable XD

Looked up parrot fish and im not partial to them unfortunately D: The body shape is a little weird for me, they sound pretty neat though! c:

Ive heard a lot of good things about rams, Ill have to look into them more ^^

Parrots are "hybrids" technically, they are genetially enginered fish, though people have begun to have suces breeding them in recent years, they are pretty hardy fish and live on average 10 years (though they have been known to live longer ;) )

I would stay away from Rams, they get HUGE, especially they males, and tend o be VERY aggressive, they need something biger than a 29gallon
Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #17 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
Parrots are "hybrids" technically, they are genetially enginered fish, though people have begun to have suces breeding them in recent years, they are pretty hardy fish and live on average 10 years (though they have been known to live longer ;) )

I would stay away from Rams, they get HUGE, especially they males, and tend o be VERY aggressive, they need something biger than a 29gallon

ooo fancy :o
Im definitely looking for a look term fish that I can spoil along with all my bettas ^^
I dont like the face on the parrot fish though, so I probably wont be getting one of them.

Good to know on the rams, thank you!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish

Um rams are not a big fish by any stretch of the imagination. They have similar care requirements to apistos, but I know they can also be a little aggressive toward co-specifics, particularly if defending their eggs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_cichlid
Old 11-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

Lol, believe it or not, the faces grow on you.... if you get a hance, they sell them at wamart and most petstores, just take a glance, no joke, lol, they bring a new meaning to dont judge a book by its color

and no problem! No one told me and the petstore said rams did great in 29gallon and got along with other fish,needless to say, the ram killed my 5 danios and quickly outgrew the 29 gallon :/ and I had to return him
Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #20 
LittleBettaFish

Are you sure you had a ram? They only grow like 3 inches long. Don't see how that could be too big for a 30 gallon tank.

Tags
blue lobster