Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #1 
Evangelyna

I love you, Barnabas

I had a beautiful blue betta named Barnabas. He was my only friend for a long time. My friend gave him to me when I moved. I loved him so much. I would tell him everything, I kept his tank incredibly clean, I played with him and loved to watch him. I even brought him to California with me when I went for a visit for a week. How many bettas can say they had been on a motorcycle? Barnabas was my whole world. Last night, he jumped out of his tank and landed on the carpet. I put him back and waited. Hoping, crying, begging him to come back. And he did thankfully. I watched him carefully, I read him a story, played some of his favourite songs and told him how much I loved him. He wasn't doing too well but I thought he was going to pull through. I woke up this morning to find the light had gone out in his eyes, my lively, beautiful Barnabas wasn't there anymore. In his place was a sad, motionless doppelgänger. I kept waiting for him to wake up, he couldn't be dead, not my precious Barnabas! I moved him from his small "hospital" tank to his regular one and waited. 'Wake up, please wake up.' I guess you can only ask for one miracle. I searched online for alternatives to flushing. I couldn't do that to my Barnabas. I couldn't bury him either and run the risk of something digging him up and what about when I move. Here he would be, all alone. So cremation it is. I called a crematorium and arranged to have him picked up. I lay in bed for almost 2 hours holding onto his fish tank with him inside. When the doorbell rang I wish I could've said, "false alarm, he's fine." but he wasn't. The man carefully took him out of the tank and left. It's been 8 hours since I found my sweet little fishy and I haven't been able to stop crying or get out of bed. I never knew a person could cry this much. I miss him so much. I miss his little bubbles, I miss looking into his face each morning, I miss seeing him, I miss knowing he's right beside me. I can't talk to my friends or family because they wouldn't understand. He was more than just a fish, he was my best friend. I feel so guilty, I keep thinking there was more I could have done but didn't, I should have found him sooner, I never should have left the room for so long, I promised him a bigger tank with lots of plants and a castle but never made it to the pet store and now it's too late. I love and miss you Barnabas, I'll never forget you.
Evangelyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #2 
BellasMomma

R.I.P. Mr. Barnabas!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #3 
bahamut285

I'm so sorry for your loss. I cried really hard when my first betta passed away. Barnabas, rest in peace, brother.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #4 
Hisaki Yuki001

I understand... I'm so sorry for your loss. All I've been doing all day today since my little Ingdigo past yesterday morning is crying, sleeping, ate dinner, changed Rojo water and surfing the Betta forums all day. I tried going onto youtube to watch my happy Betta vids I posted of my guys to try to cheer me up and it didn't help. I don't even want to head to bed right now for fear that I might find my sick Rojo gone in the morning. May you R.I.P. little Barnabas.
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Barnabas.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta death