Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #1 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Wink Family Over The Years (Pic Ton-Heavy)

(The following are/include the most recent pictures I have.)

I won't put any large summary about each individual one's personality and stories... (too many, lol.. and it's take too long to type!) but I thought I'd get this thread up showing what kind of tailtypes I've cared for and as far back as I can go. Also note that these really aren't in any particular order.

The unfamous Gyarados, a very much less-talked-about betta that I had a long time ago. Apologies for the bad picture... but it's the only one I have of him. (Picture is so old, I took it with generic store FILM...)

After a long time of being away from bettas... my first one and first girl was bought from Oklahoma City, OK and sent to me in January. Leliia, the poor girl, arrived without a heating pack as promised and was freezing cold... but she lived and had a fun life. I'll never forget her.

The man of the house, Jade. I bought him because he was white... and then he took off his disguise a few months later. |D
Before:

After:

มาลี (Mali)

Avalantic

Bandit

Northern Lights

Orlando Florida
(Cup-deformed face, lol)

This photo taken courtesy hmckin20:

Revenant Haunter

Uncle, who was always proud to have constructed his giant nest... right under the filter.

Rowan Castiel Excalibur

Undragon
(No pictures - He was a Dragon Deltatail hat arrived from our suppliers sick. I bought him and took him home, but didn't get a chance to take good pictures of him before he passed from his ailment.)

Zombie Necromorph
(No picture here, either. He was also sick upon arrival at our store and I was allowed to bring him home for free. Ironically to his fungal and bacterial infection, he was way too stressed and had what I'm pretty sure was a heart attack that caused his ultimate demise.)

Ember

Elizabeth (From one of Cajunamy's spawns... she still looks the same, but her face is now as violet-blue as the rest of her body)

Anna Snow (From one of Cajunamy's spawns... and boy has she changed. I need to get more pictures soon.)

Amur Leopard (From one of Cajunamy's spawns, but she's in between Lizzy's slight change an Anna's dramatic change. She's a medium change since these pictures were taken.)

Karner Blue

Elaaxzus

SR-71

Eli Dragonfly (Half-Blind Fish and the giant teddy bear of all my boys... and girls. xD)

Tiger Lily

And the glorified "betta" fish, Speed Racer II (Mommafish)

Yes, she's actually a guppy. But living with the sorority long enough now after I retired her from kid-making... she's picked up quite a few of their habits. Including going to the surface, lol, but she spits the bubbles back out obviously.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #2 
BlakbirdxGyarados

And no, I didn't forget Ninja. ;) (I actually came really close to running out of room on that last post. :P) He was sold to a breeder who definitely had the time to breed his genes... the girlfriend I had for him (Avalantic) died before I could spawn them, unfortunately.

Ninja

And finally, Painter, who I never recieved because she died before the seller in Thailand could ship her.

And finally, many MANY apologies for making that bar on the right so tiny to move. xD;

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 11-27-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #3 
xXbrokencrownXx

Ahhh! i love threads like these with a BUNCH of pictures! They're all so beautiful!! I love the last two, i havent seen a betta like either of them!
xXbrokencrownXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #4 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Hehe, thanks. I sort of made this just as a quick reference for others anytime I mention my fish... and to show 'em off of course. x)
Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #5 
xXbrokencrownXx

well they're all beautiful :)
xXbrokencrownXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #6 
bettakong

wow i like that ninja
bettakong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #7 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Heh, a lot of people loved Ninja. Even months after I officially sold him to the breeder, people asked to buy him if I still had him. |D

Also:
Hey, I found a quick sketch thing I did of Zombie. I drew it as a fast example to my sister on how bad he looked when I brought him home. Here it is:

I'll color it later... and the hole in his head wasn't as bad as it looks here. D: And I'm more likely going to color it with him as healthy as I wish I got him.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #8 
erinandares

I hope Revenant Haunter is a reference to the zombies (revenants) in middle ages england. If it's like, a video game thing or whatever, I feel like a nerd.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #9 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandares View Post
I hope Revenant Haunter is a reference to the zombies (revenants) in middle ages england. If it's like, a video game thing or whatever, I feel like a nerd.
Heh, no... He got his name as it's another word that's less commonly used for "ghost" or "spirit". Interesting to know that about Middle Age England, though. Learn something new every day.
Haunter was his middle name though, given to him because... well... I'm a PokÚNerd myself. :P
Old 11-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #10 
erinandares

And I didn't know it was still a word for anything relevant today! I learned that just now. :3 And lol, I think we were all pokenerds at some point. I know I was up until... high school. Lol. Until someone stole my emerald game and I had a fit and wouldn't play anymore. -.- Ah, me.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote