Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
What kind of camera should I get?

I lost my camera some how and now I am looking to buy another one. Trying to stay at 300 or below. Does anyone know of a decent camera to take pictures of betta's with? I could use all the help I could get on this. Thanks
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #2 
Pitluvs
Member
 
Pitluvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
What's your definition of decent? I have a $50 Kodak Easy Share and it takes decent pictures, not amazing though.





One thing I do know it, you gotta know how to work your camera no matter what type it is haha What about looking for a beginner DLSR on craigslist?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #3 
Lighterman
Member
 
Lighterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: CA, USA
Goto Costco.....if u gave such a store in your location. Got lots of dig. cams and some big takers like the Cannon T1I. ;D
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #4 
nel3
Member
 
nel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
What's your definition of decent? I have a $50 Kodak Easy Share and it takes decent pictures, not amazing though.





One thing I do know it, you gotta know how to work your camera no matter what type it is haha What about looking for a beginner DLSR on craigslist?
i love that CT you have Pitluvs, wish i could find one like that in an LPS. i think you may just have my dream CT. that female betta looks adorable.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #5 
undergunfire
New Member
 
undergunfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
I have a Canon Rebel XSi that I got a few years ago for $700 something. They are way cheaper now and there are even better ones out there. I prefer Canon to Nikon. In my opinion...its worth it to save up another $100-$200 and get a DSLR rather then a point and shoot - you won't be sorry :)! I'd try and swing it fairly soon if possible, as there are some good price cuts due to the holidays.
undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #6 
Laki
Member
 
Laki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. John's NL
I would LOVE to have one of those fancy giant things with removable lens'.. But my camera is a really good one. Samsung ES65 it gets good pics. I still haven't figured out some of the specs so I end up taking a lot of pics to get a really good one. Those pics above by pitluvs are Amazing!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #7 
Pitluvs
Member
 
Pitluvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i love that CT you have Pitluvs, wish i could find one like that in an LPS. i think you may just have my dream CT. that female betta looks adorable.
He looks just like your DT in your profile! haha A very nice couple surprised me with him the other day, I donated a $300 Terrarium for their reptile rescue and they wanted to give me something back. He wasn't able to swim when he first came here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I would LOVE to have one of those fancy giant things with removable lens'.. But my camera is a really good one. Samsung ES65 it gets good pics. I still haven't figured out some of the specs so I end up taking a lot of pics to get a really good one. Those pics above by pitluvs are Amazing!!
I LOVE photography, anything and everything to do with it. Sadly, I can't afford nice cameras as I go through one point a shoot a year with these toddlers of mine lol My camera is a cheap Walmart special, EasyShare C183 but I know how to get good photos from my camera, how to use the lights and such. I also take about 20 pictures and get about 2 or 3 usable ones. Macro is horrible on this one though.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #8 
Littlebittyfish
Member
 
Littlebittyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
I use my nikon coolpix..I have also used a sony cybershot and that camera is really nice with taking photos of moving objects.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #9 
nel3
Member
 
nel3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
He looks just like your DT in your profile! haha A very nice couple surprised me with him the other day, I donated a $300 Terrarium for their reptile rescue and they wanted to give me something back. He wasn't able to swim when he first came here though.
<.< ..... >.>
if only i also had a $300 terrarium to donate, id do that too. i applaud such a couple for giving a nice gift like that. im glad he's in good hands. i hope he lives a long life. does he have a name yet?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #10 
Pitluvs
Member
 
Pitluvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
<.< ..... >.>
if only i also had a $300 terrarium to donate, id do that too. i applaud such a couple for giving a nice gift like that. im glad he's in good hands. i hope he lives a long life. does he have a name yet?
I got a free 50g for my Dragon, so I donated her old terrarium. Someone helped me, I'll help someone else :) His name is Monkey, he perches himself in the spongebob window so he can see everyone (when he couldn't swim).
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man I wish I had my camera xD elijahfeathers Betta Chat 0 01-05-2011 01:23 PM
I wish I had a camera... Sweeda88 Betta Chat 0 01-03-2011 05:34 PM
My camera... BartTheFish Betta Pictures 7 06-15-2010 07:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.