Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #11 
vilmarisv

You can search amarican breeders and save yourself money on transhipping.
I was about to post you a link to Martinsmommy fish I saw earlier but I guess it's already sold.
She has another http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1322603402
She's great to deal with, you might want to drop her a line and see if she has any available. I know she's dealing with a lot of personal stuff these days so she might not be actively posting fish on AB as she usually is.
<<--- fish is from her
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #12 
mountaintrout

Ask chard56. His fish are amazing and America
mountaintrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #13 
rckstr1253

Well unfortunately I got bad news yesterday at my physical therapy appointment. I recently was in a car accident that saw the total loss of my car and since then I have had bad back, neck, jaw, and elbow pain. Well yesterday I found out I have lost 35-40% range of motion in my back and neck and the Dr. told me with physical therapy I will gain some back, but never be at 100% again. This leaves me with a sticky situation. I currently have 4 betta fish and cleaning after them was a chore but with one in limbo that I bought off aquabid, I think having 5 will be hard to do being that I will being going disability starting next week. I really found cleaning the tanks last night had put a lot of stress on my back and neck and I need to cut back on my bettas. I got 2 betta's a home but would like to get the one from aquabid squared away. I don't know if anyone is interested in that betta, they could complete transaction before I do? I would like to keep the 2 I have remaining and let this one go more as I have enjoyed the other 2's company for a longer time and they are my first.....so its hard to part with one of them. Let me know ASAP as I reallly need to get this transaction with aquabid squared away.

Happy Holidays to all!
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #14 
mountaintrout

that wasnt a nice christmas gift. hurting is terrible and i am sure you dont want to give up your fish. i hope you feel better.
mountaintrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #15 
DaveC

Ooh, so sorry to hear your bad news.

He is a pretty fish. As for the price, even a cheap "Petshop Special" is going to end up costing close to that if you have to buy a tank, filter, heater, food, water conditioner, etc.

We just got sticker shock after adoptin a kitten for our daughter from the shelter. I had a "free" dog that I adopted from the Vet's office where I was working. The first time he got into a porcupine the Vet and I spent about two hours pulling quills, and even with the employee discount he became a very expensive "free" dog. LoL.

In short if you love them and can afford the money I don't think any pet is not worth the money.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #16 
rckstr1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Ooh, so sorry to hear your bad news.

He is a pretty fish. As for the price, even a cheap "Petshop Special" is going to end up costing close to that if you have to buy a tank, filter, heater, food, water conditioner, etc.

We just got sticker shock after adoptin a kitten for our daughter from the shelter. I had a "free" dog that I adopted from the Vet's office where I was working. The first time he got into a porcupine the Vet and I spent about two hours pulling quills, and even with the employee discount he became a very expensive "free" dog. LoL.

In short if you love them and can afford the money I don't think any pet is not worth the money.
Hope you are enjoying your dog! =)
As for the price, its about $61 for the fish only....no tank or anything. I really do want him but I don't know if I'll be able to handle cleaning the tanks like I use to. I have been hurting a lot and actually can't work at the moment. Heck I was doing water changes 2x a week being I only have 2 gallon tanks for the betta's I have now, and this week I had to make the betta go without the 2 water changes. I believe in treating my pets well, so I think its for the best to let a few go.
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote