Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #11 
purplemuffin

Which items do you think will be the most expensive? We've had to throw together stuff for our cats before (surprise kittens, then later dominance issue so we needed to make more things for each cat to get away from each other) so there are ways to get cat things for cheap/free

You can put the food bag in a sterilite tub you have at home temporarily or some other container you already have. Same type of thing with a litter box, for a few days we had to use a small...I don't even know what it was, it was like a bucket, but sort of litter box shaped, but we just had to wrap it in trashbags and use litter in there when we were having some serious cat aggression issues and had to keep one of our kitties on the other side of the house. It was just something we already had available and so we were able to use it immediately. Litter is something you can't really skimp on, same with food, but then things like the food bowl you still can. Any bowl really would work. If you were to use like a cheap plastic one you would need to wash it more often. I would maybe start out with just the brush for now as far as grooming supplies and just brush him often until you can afford the others. Then if you can find the cheap carrier, go for it!

Check craigslist for supplies as well! But wash them well if you get something from an unknown source.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #12 
laughing

I definitely need food. For water changes I use Home Depot 5 gallon buckets and for the bucket and lid is like 5-7$ so that's not bad.

I think my main concern is shelving for my fish tanks. I need to move my 2.5 gallons into my room to be safe from him. What's a cheap option for that?? :-S
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #13 
purplemuffin

Cheap shelving? Check home depot, there are usually like 10 dollar shelves that are pretty sturdy. Other than that..reorganize? lol! What I just ended up doing for mine was making sure my fish tank had no space beside them for a cat to get to, so he couldn't mess with it or even get near it.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #14 
Tikibirds

That's good that your BF is paying for some of the deposit.

In order to keep my dog, I have to live in the ghetto. Well, if Fairbanks had a ghetto this would be it. Most places wont take dogs and those that do are either really pricy (like $1400/month and no utilities) or they are so nasty they should be condemed and still cost $700 or more a month. I think my pet deposit was only $200 but its only 300 sq ft, not really too much for him to destroy other then the 60 yr old carpet

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-29-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #15 
laughing

Where I keep them are low end tables by the sofa... If they were 5 gallons I would leave 'em be, but I'm too scared he'll knock them over. The 10 gallon is okay where it is. There's no place he can't get to! There's a book shelf in the living room with free space, but the shelves are too close together and we can't make the gap bigger or else we'll have to take some shelves out and then no more room! I considered putting Kaida in my mom's room since she just loves her, but the table is bed-level so he'll be all over that.

I can check Home Depot while I'm there! That's conveinence at its best!

I know how you feel Tikibirds. NO WHERE excepts Rottweilers. I am moving to NC I think in a few years and I'm hoping to rent a house so I can get one. I've had incredible offers from amazing breeders and people in the show world, but I can't have one here. This is the only apartment in the state basicaly that allows "pit bulls" or mixes. I'm not quite sure if it's against their policy, but they don't say anything. I swear every single person has one here! I think it's because the deposit is so high, they just want the money. And we're in the ghetto as well! You gotta go trashy if you want to keep your pets!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #16 
laughing

GOOD NEWS!

The office woman told me yesterday that VERY SOON they are reducing it to $300! So by time February rolls around it will be in effect! And half is refundable.

Honestly, I think that's a sign! $100 off, $100 from the BF... Well now, I only need $200 instead of $400! WHOOHOO.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #17 
CrowntailTwitchy57

Good for you for helping out an animal in need! They keep the kitten outside?!? I'm sorry, but it really gets to me when people do things like this. Good luck on getting the $$$!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #18 
TwilightNite

Yeah, good luck getting all the money you need!
It is so mean to keep a de- clawed cat outside!
I hope you get you cats back! We are cheering for you!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #19 
laughing

Thank you bunches!!

Yes, he's declawed in all FOUR paws, doesn't even have the back ones... They also have lots of coyotes and hawks. I am wanting him as her birthday present, but her bday isn't til April, so I will set this up ASAP and surprise her with it. She'll understand! Just can't keep him there any longer than he has to...

He was our cat for a little over 5 years, now they've had him a year. They say he's "vengeful" and purposely poops on rugs and attacks their children... LOL. He's a cat for goodness sakes...!!!

They're keeping the sweet girl. She stays inside all the time and they actually like her. The male, my mom's baby, is the one I am taking. Funny how treatment swings that much.

Again, THANK YOU!! I really appreciate the support!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good news!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote