Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #11 
kathstew

Awesome! I want a pacman frog, they are so cute!
I've got 5 leopard geckos, 3 crested geckos, 1 blue tongue skink, and 1 green tree frog. :)
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #12 
laughing

You have frogs... have snakes... have geckos... GET THE DANG TS!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #13 
purplemuffin

You should! I want like, 5 more pacman frogs! So easy and funny! They don't move much though, but awesome to watch them eat! I want some of the cool color morphs for sure!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #14 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
You have frogs... have snakes... have geckos... GET THE DANG TS!
you make a compelling argument!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #15 
laughing

I think the Ts fits perfectly... Small home, doesn't need anything "extra" added (you said the room is warm enough), very inexpensive to care for/feed, can be handled, you probably have almost everything for one, isn't expensive up-front either, and you talk about them fondly. You could definitely take care of a Ts, and they have pretty long life spans (especially for being a spider!) and have personalities.

And we all know Nathan is on board for a Ts!
Old 11-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #16 
purplemuffin

Well, the ones I want are cheap to own, maybe not to get..the Brazilian giant will be 50-75 dollars depending on how big it is when I get it (and the bigger it is the more likely it is a female!) and same goes for the green bottle blue, LOL! But they would be cheapest in the long run, and most of the others in this list are 50+ anyway. :)

I dunno..on the 17th of december is a reptile expo. There is also always a T guy there. Maybe I'll talk to some breeders and get more of a good idea of what I want!

~~~So excited~~~
Old 11-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #17 
laughing

I think that's an excellent idea! It will give you more insight and you can meet a few of the little fellas you want to get. I think once you get more information from another human being and get to handle, see, experience some of these pets it'll be easier for you to make your decision.

Just remember... don't rush into buying! I know you know that, but sometimes it's hard to remember when you're in a situation as exiting as that one and have the opportunity right in front of you! Maybe before the expo you should look at the items you have and make a list of things you have vs things you need for a Ts. That way you can browse/"window shop" and figure out cost estimates. And if you have everything.. well, then it isn't "rushing" to buy right then, is it?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #18 
purplemuffin

Oh don't worry, I know not to rush. We rushed before and it was a mistake and we paid for it(our ball python maru came with mites, ticks, respiratory infection, parasites..lots of issues) I've been waiting on the perfect brazilian rainbow boa for 3 years now, and for a tokay for longer! :) We are honestly prepared for any of these pets, or a few more. We always have leftover supplies and heat pads laying around! And for anything insectivorous--we have insect colonies ready for food at our home at all times! :)
Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #19 
laughing

That's great to hear!!

Then maybe you should get a Ts AND something else? Like we've stated a million times... Ts don't take up a lot of room!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #20 
purplemuffin

Maybe I should just get them all???

Might end up being the Ts and maybe something else.. I REALLY want the red eye croc skinks, but I want captive born and bred ones, and those are 150 each, and I'd like a pair. So that might wait. The rainbow boa I want is about 100 or a little more depending on the quality. Axolotls would be the cheapest, but then that's more water changes. I really might want the kenyan sand boa, if I can convince nathan that snakes don't have to be giant to be awesome

Oh there will be much debating going on!

Oh and if anyone else has other animal ideas, feel free to share pictures!! I could look at reptile pictures all day!