Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #21 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover11 View Post
I love ryukin goldfish, they are so beautiful, especially the red and white ones! I think 2 could work in a 29 gallon by themselves, if you have a good filter. I don't know if they would do well with a betta, however, as the two have different temperature requirements. Perhaps you could get a separate tank for the king. Whatever you choose, I hope everything works out!

Yep, ive been lurking a goldfish forum and they said its good to go!
I have a really nice filter, its for a 45gallon tank thatll work with them
Ill also have some real plants like anachris thatll help with the ammonia the goldies will leave.

I wont be mixing bettas and the ryukins, it would be one or the other c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
Litlover: emeraldsky is considering what fish to put in the tank, the choice is between goldfish and a king betta, not both together!

From what I have read, King bettas are just like our regular sized bettas. Some are aggressive, others are docile. Just remember to always have a back-up plan if you decide to try a King with some schoolers.
Having a back up plan would be a concern for me since I have to buy yet ANOTHER tank to put in my room for my blue lobster. I dont have room to house a king if he became mean, especially since Id have to put him in a bigger tank than a normal betta x.x
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #22 
Lighterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Yep, ive been lurking a goldfish forum and they said its good to go!
I have a really nice filter, its for a 45gallon tank thatll work with them
Ill also have some real plants like anachris thatll help with the ammonia the goldies will leave.

Having a back up plan would be a concern for me since I have to buy yet ANOTHER tank to put in my room for my blue lobster. I dont have room to house a king if he became mean, especially since Id have to put him in a bigger tank than a normal betta x.x
Hehe you could of just asked me for goldfish questions! I was a major goldfish koi keeper, but then gave up beacuse I went on a vacation and my "valuables" died with ammonia poisioning... Fast poopers they are....

+ You should never keep Ryukin, wakin, or any other fast type goldfish. (Double or Single)
Oranda's should be kept with other goldfish with swimming gene dis-ablilties like the Ranchu or Pearl Scale. And if you really are buying a goldfish with extra cheek, wen, or scale growth, I recommend goldfish PELLETS that have a protein diet about 43% to 55% to give maximum tissue development. Go to LFS, they sud sell Japanese brand GF foods. ;)
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #23 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighterman View Post
Hehe you could of just asked me for goldfish questions! I was a major goldfish koi keeper, but then gave up beacuse I went on a vacation and my "valuables" died with ammonia poisioning... Fast poopers they are....

+ You should never keep Ryukin, wakin, or any other fast type goldfish. (Double or Single)
Oranda's should be kept with other goldfish with swimming gene dis-ablilties like the Ranchu or Pearl Scale. And if you really are buying a goldfish with extra cheek, wen, or scale growth, I recommend goldfish PELLETS that have a protein diet about 43% to 55% to give maximum tissue development. Go to LFS, they sud sell Japanese brand GF foods. ;)

I do believe ill be sending you a PM then!
I really want to do this right.
I did read about the pellets and plan on using the sinking ones and maybe some veggies.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #24 
Litlover11

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
Ok, I misunderstood your post Good luck with your goldfish! :)
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #25 
emeraldsky

Thank you!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #26 
Brian10962001

Out of all the fish I've owned, betta's and puffers have the most personality hands down. Puffers are SO hard to keep, you never know if you have one that was already brackish and they can just be rough to keep up with. The longest I ever managed to keep one was a little short of a year. I've never had a betta for less than a year. They're just tough, easy to care for fish. The HMPK King I have cost me 20 bucks. He's gained size and mass since I got him. He's a character, he was attacking the water changer the other day LOL. I've owned Goldfish, Piranha, cichlids, an oscar, and many other fish and I can honestly tell you the betta is a better experience than any of them.

Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #27 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian10962001 View Post
Out of all the fish I've owned, betta's and puffers have the most personality hands down. Puffers are SO hard to keep, you never know if you have one that was already brackish and they can just be rough to keep up with. The longest I ever managed to keep one was a little short of a year. I've never had a betta for less than a year. They're just tough, easy to care for fish. The HMPK King I have cost me 20 bucks. He's gained size and mass since I got him. He's a character, he was attacking the water changer the other day LOL. I've owned Goldfish, Piranha, cichlids, an oscar, and many other fish and I can honestly tell you the betta is a better experience than any of them.

Dont get me wrong, I ADORE bettas. Its just that I have 17 right now so I'm looking for a little variation c:
Old 12-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #28 
gossipgirl1031

My King, Tyler, has grown almost a full inch since I got him at the end of the summer (over 3 1/2 inches now). He was super stressed when I got him and in poor health. It took awhile, but he now has the full run of his own 10 gallon and plenty of places to hide out and swim about. And he's got a SUPER appetite! Very full of personality! I'd love to have another, but I'm running out of places to keep good sized aquariums and plugs for the equipment. He's my second of 6 total. I'll try and post a picture of him soon.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 AM   #29 
emeraldsky

Most of the kings at my petco are pretty stressed so im always hesitant about them.

Please do take a picture, i look forward to seeing him! :D
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #30 
mjoy79

They're probably stressed from being in containers too small for them. My giant is a little more fiesty than my other bettas but not enough to be concerned about. He doesn't even touch my last remaining ghost shrimp in his tank (its been sitting out in the open on plants, etc for about a week).
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
king betta