Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

Woke up to a surprise today, New Boy <3

So, yesterday a very nice and amazing couple came over to our house, they are starting a reptile/fish rescue in the area. Gosh knows we need it. I donated a 100g flexaruim to them, some goldfish food, a tank decoration, some IAL, Brine Shrimp eggs, and some report cover spines so they could divide their tank. They took some of my tropical fish too, my celestial pearl danios, glowlights, red eye tetras and my baby swordtails. Such amazing people, they took a tour of our place and got to meet all the animals here. Now they want pet rats

Anyways, we were talking and they said they felt bad, all these things I gave them and they only gave me 2 baby apple snails and 6 dwarf shrimp (which was huge for me, I love these things!). So they were saying "We'll pick up a male Betta for you tomorrow, drop him on your step and ring the doorbell haha".

I didn't think he was serious.

He showed up today while I was taking my nap, and handed this beautiful boy to my fiance, he picked him out just for me (our store got 60 new Bettas yesterday). I woke up to the best surprise ever!

So here he is. I think he's amazing. When I first got Nixon, I never thought I would find another CT here... and now I have three wonderful CT boys!!

Unsure of a name, but I'm learning towards Monkey lol He has a little "scoot" going on, but has already improved with IAL and Stress Coat :)

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #2 
bettafish15

Cute! What a story!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #3 
Luimeril

aawwwwww! that was super sweet of them! and, he's a beautiful boy!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

Thanks guys! They do say, treat others as you wish to be treated. I never expected them to give me this boy, I didn't expect anything really. But I decided to give them any extras I had to help them out, I would love it if someone did the same for me. It really warmed my heart today to wake up to this boy, makes me believe there are still good people out there <3
Old 12-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

Here's a Video of the little Imp :)

Old 12-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #6 
bettafish15

The reflection of the spongebob house makes his tank seem really small... But he's adorable!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
The reflection of the spongebob house makes his tank seem really small... But he's adorable!
That's because it is haha It's a 1g filled half way, I always use this as a temp tank with newbies until I know they don't need treatment. It's also to prevent shock of a big new home to new fish, we start small since they are in 0.5g tanks at the store :)