Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #1 
Namazzi

Dividing a tank with no sealant?

I know some people on here have done it, but how did you do it? lol. I'm going to walmart tomorrow to pick up some last minute items for my trip to florida next week.. and was going to pick up some of the canvas to divide my 35 gallon tank while I'm there. Though the tank is already set up with fish in it, so I can't really empty it and leave it empty to use sealant.. Would anything else work? One of my bettas is already enjoying the space, and I'm sure my other betta would love to get out of the 3 gallon and into his half of the 35 :P
Namazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #2 
Edifiler

Hey I've been thinking about that too, I've seen many people do this but with a harder material instead of canvas. My cousin had a tank that he seperated using Acrylic held in place by some suction pads that he picked up from some store. Maybe you could reinforce the side of the canvas and use 8 suctions pads( 2 on each corner to hold it in place) with a small hole in the sides of the canvas and just tie some string through the canvas and onto both sides of the suction pads.
Edifiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #3 
Tikibirds

I dont have mine glued in place. They have paper clip like things that are attached near the top of the mesh and are anchored in place by it being clipped onto the top of the tank

and for my ghetto tank, I just have two suction cups on either side so it can;t fall over. It wobbles a little if touched but it's not gonna fall over unless some force is used on it
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #4 
ErrantWhimsy

I just used the plastic mesh with binder edges method. It worked well until my roommate's rat decided to sit on the divider and knock it over. Other than that, I never had a problem. You just anchor them with the gravel.
ErrantWhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote