Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #1 
Kytkattin

I am so frustrated I want to shave my head!

So I have had eczema on the back of my scalp for years. At least 6. In the past year it has gotten worse. It is so itchy all the time. I can't wear black any more because it looks like I have dandruff. I have tried creams, every type of shampoo under the sun, prescriptions, tea tree oil, and other natural home remedy's. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? Otherwise, I am going to shave off my 2ft of hair. In some ways it just sounds liberating. I have had long hair all my life. I am ready for a change anyways.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #2 
laughing

Have you ever thought about washing your hair less? Maybe more natural oils would help soothe it?

I've never had that, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

And just curious... what would cutting your hair do? LOL.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #3 
Kytkattin

Yes, I have experimented with different lengths of hair washing. It doesnt seem to help. :(

My theory is that it will be able to dry out and breathe easier. Plus my actual hair is in good condition. I will donate it.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #4 
laughing

Oh! Never thought of that. Blow drying can't be good for it anyhow... that'd be a nice donation! Self liberating as well.. and if you don't like it or it doesn't work you can grow it back, right?
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #5 
Kytkattin

No, I don't blow dry it, or straighten it. I even use a boar hair brush, which is the best for it.
It should grow back. It might even grow back better, thicker, and longer.
Any suggestions for where I should donate it? I was thinking about Locks of Love, but I have heard negative things about them so I am just not sure...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #6 
ManInBlack2010

i donated my hair to locks of love when i was younger, i don't remember any problems with them but, again, it was over 5 years ago, lol - i also have had long hair my whole life, it varies between just above middle of back to down past my waist
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #7 
BeautifulBetta

I used to have that problem too!!!!! Friggin AWFUL. What did work though, was a tar shampoo of sorts...I can't remember exactly what it was called, but I know it smelled bloody awful. It worked tho, I had eczema on my head for months, and tried this stuff for a couple washes and it managed to kill it somehow. That and a combination of doctor-perscribed cream called betamethosone valerate. I think it was called Poly-tar actually. Anyway, if you find it, I know it smells really bad but it worked for me. Good luck!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #8 
Jessiefish

I shaved my head a couple months ago. I'm a girl. And I love it! I just buzzed it off again last night, actually. Not having to do anything with it other than wash 'n go is pretty awesome.

I don't know if it will help the eczema, though. I haven't had eczema. I was getting, um, I don't know how to describe it... like little scabbed over sores? ... on my scalp, and that has diminished since I got rid of my hair.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 AM   #9 
Kytkattin

From what I have read, different things work for different people. I have tried tar based stuff. Tea tree oil makes it better, but doesn't get rid of it entirely. :(

I am currently sitting here, having washed my hair over an hour ago, and it is no-where near dry. And my hair is super thin! I figure I will be getting married in about 7 years, more than enough time to grow it out again. And maybe when I don't have it I will wish I did, and then take better care of it? Idk. I don't need to be Rapunzel anymore.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #10 
Oiseau

My mum and I have both had the same problem. My mum's has never gone away - she's just found shampoos that help it a bit. Have you considered switching your body wash/soap? That helped my mum's eczema everywhere, even her scalp.
I don't think my problem was eczema, as I outgrew it in my late teens, but I've started using recently and found Joico and Redken products with Moroccan oil help quite a bit.
Oiseau is offline   Reply With Quote