Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #1 
pisey

Can i breed sibling five star betta? M new to here please help

can i breed my five star betta which are sibling? if i do so will my next generation betta become stupid ,degrade the five star rate, fight not so good as their parents? please give me some clue about this... thanks all for ur kindly post!
Pisey
pisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #2 
xXGalaxyXx

Actually, a sibling is probably your best bet. Since for the most part siblings have similar colors, you are more likely to have a good genetic match in which the fry will keep some of the parents' more desirable traits such as color and finnage. (And if you want to continue the line, you could breed one of the daughters back to the father for a similar result.~ :3) Breeding non-related fish often adds 'unknown' genes into the mix, so the outcomes of the fry aren't as predictable and you may not be able to easily carry traits from the parents into the fry.
That said, usually inbreeding fish won't do much harm like it will to other animals & humans. If you want to stay away from it, go ahead, but it will take some pretty dang screwed up to show any physical or mental damage (if any damage at all), haha.

edit: Of course, disregard all this if you're only breeding to fight, because then you probably don't care too much about color and finnage, haha. /just noticed that
No, there won't be any affect on the fish if you breed siblings.
But just to get this out here - fighting fish is, in my opinion, a cruel sport - it's really no higher than dog fighting. And this forum mostly does not support fighting either. Methinks you probably shouldn't make a habit of posting about it, haha.

Last edited by xXGalaxyXx; 12-20-2011 at 10:27 AM.
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #3 
Pitluvs

Fight? This forum does not support Betta fighting.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #4 
Myates

Five Stars are fighters, but it's not always for fighting- there are "fighters" out there that are in the plakat form, but stockier and tend to be healthier.. which are called fighters. But 5 stars can and is related with actual fighting of the fish.

Are you wanting to breed fighters for your average pet and owner, or were you meaning fighters for fighting? That will make a difference in things and responses here..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisey View Post
can i breed my five star betta which are sibling? if i do so will my next generation betta become stupid ,degrade the five star rate, fight not so good as their parents? please give me some clue about this... thanks all for ur kindly post!
Pisey
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #6 
Myates

OH! I should really learn to read everything sometimes >.<

Stop the fighting! Holy cow.. I wish they would enforce it more, as it is against the law >.< poor fish.. no reason for them to get harmed and be in pain.

*wanders off mumbling about how serial killers get started..*

I suggest.. DON'T breed, as you aren't responsible enough to have them in the first place if you are fighting them.

*steps off peddlestool and goes*
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #7 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
OH! I should really learn to read everything sometimes >.<

Stop the fighting! Holy cow.. I wish they would enforce it more, as it is against the law >.< poor fish.. no reason for them to get harmed and be in pain.

*wanders off mumbling about how serial killers get started..*

I suggest.. DON'T breed, as you aren't responsible enough to have them in the first place if you are fighting them.

*steps off peddlestool and goes*
I agree I don't know how people fight these wonderful fish, they diserve more.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #8 
pisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGalaxyXx View Post
Actually, a sibling is probably your best bet. Since for the most part siblings have similar colors, you are more likely to have a good genetic match in which the fry will keep some of the parents' more desirable traits such as color and finnage. (And if you want to continue the line, you could breed one of the daughters back to the father for a similar result.~ :3) Breeding non-related fish often adds 'unknown' genes into the mix, so the outcomes of the fry aren't as predictable and you may not be able to easily carry traits from the parents into the fry.
That said, usually inbreeding fish won't do much harm like it will to other animals & humans. If you want to stay away from it, go ahead, but it will take some pretty dang screwed up to show any physical or mental damage (if any damage at all), haha.

edit: Of course, disregard all this if you're only breeding to fight, because then you probably don't care too much about color and finnage, haha. /just noticed that
But just to get this out here - fighting fish is, in my opinion, a cruel sport - it's really no higher than dog fighting. And this forum mostly does not support fighting either. Methinks you probably shouldn't make a habit of posting about it, haha.
Thanks so much for ur comment...
hmmm i dun actually fight them... i just want to raise the best fighter because i love the best fighter but i dun let em fight... i just wanna pet the best of the bettas fighters
Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #9 
pisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Five Stars are fighters, but it's not always for fighting- there are "fighters" out there that are in the plakat form, but stockier and tend to be healthier.. which are called fighters. But 5 stars can and is related with actual fighting of the fish.

Are you wanting to breed fighters for your average pet and owner, or were you meaning fighters for fighting? That will make a difference in things and responses here..
i just wanna pet em only... i dun breed for fighting but i love champion fighter pet ^_^
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #10 
pisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGalaxyXx View Post

so the fighting style and the scale of the fish will not degrade if i breed sibling?