Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #1 
lessandler

Windex cleaned aquarium worth buying?

So after a lot of thought and consideration, I decided to upgrade Dillinger from his fluval edge to a 15 gallon rimless fully planted aquarium. I found a beautiful one I have never seen before anywhere with bent glass corners and in the perfect dimensions and it was the last one in the store. I decided to buy it and the owner insisted upon cleaning it for me while I looked around.

When I came up to the counter I saw that he had a bottle of windex and paper towels and the once dusty aquarium was clean. He was busy so I asked the woman who has been there for years if he had cleaned the inside and outside with windex, she replied that he does that sometimes.

She remarked that there is no silicon in the aquarium which is where it settles so it would be ok. I remarked there is a good deal of silicon on it. I told her I was planning to put a $150 imported fish (yes I threw down major bucks on him on aquabid) and $100 worth of plants & substrate in there and she actually admitted I shouldn't buy it.

I am having a difficult time finding a better sized aquarium for my needs (I want bigger but not too wide). Is it too risky to buy a windex drenched aquarium? Is there any tricks to get it out for sure?

Besides a expensive and bit too large ADA tank, I am considering this aquarium, but replacing the heater, filter and light to better suit a planted tank with a betta.

http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-Half-Moo...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

My only concern is that is it too high and narrow for a betta?

Thanks so much for any replies!
lessandler is offline   Reply With Quote