Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #61 
revolutionrocknroll

I'm not seeing the lab. His face is narrow, with eyes wide apart and button? ears. Labs have wider faces and floppy ears. It's harder to tell with puppies, but I can see where the JRT, chihuahua, and border collie guesses are coming from. He's a cutie!
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #62 
Rosso1011

I don't see Chihuahua at all. The eyes are wrong, the head shape is all wrong, the ears are too floppy.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #63 
trilobite

I dont see lab, he'd have bigger feet and be more heavily boned. Not really seeing chi either but I thin theres some JRT hiding in there
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #64 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I don't see Chihuahua at all. The eyes are wrong, the head shape is all wrong, the ears are too floppy.

I think it is something about his stare that has so many people guessing chihuahua. Once a dog is mixed, breed features are not going to be spot on. But now that I've seen pictures of him as an older puppy, he has the chihuahua stare. It's kind of hard to explain, but all chihuahua I have met have had that same look on there faces. It's like their faces say, "Why should I care about you to? You don't give me food."

Yeah...my rambling probably doesn't make sense. ^_^;

Anyway...I see chihuahua because of his expresion and Chocolate lab because of the rest of his body.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #65 
PitGurl

My guess is mutt, lol. Sorry couldn't help it. This thread proves no one knows what the puppy is. His parents could be a mix of breeds. You can buy a DNA test and find out what he mostly is. The test is done by swabbing his check and then you send it through the mail.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #66 
TielBird101

How much does he weigh?
If he's a larger pup, I'm thinking lab / border collie mix maybe, but if he's a smaller pup, MAYBE chihuahua mix.
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #67 
Bettacaleb

Maybe lab/corgi mix? idk my mom suggested it might be that and i'm definitely see it now because of the stockiness and its face.
Bettacaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #68 
Pitluvs

He has such a long body... and little paws haha Looks like both parents might have been mixed and you'll never know. Classic Heinz 57, with all that cuteness!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #69 
TorchwoodMindfreak

He reminds me a bit of my Chihuahua mix. My guess with mine is Chi/ Daschund and that's my guess for this little guy too. Here's a pic of Bucky as a puppy and then a more recent one. He's about a year and a half now. He's a monster and weights around 30lbs, like the same as my other dog in the picture, Oreo. Your guys face makes me think Chihuahua, well the eyes anyway, and his knees remind me of Buckys.

TorchwoodMindfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #70 
Sprinkles

I don't see lab at all. There are brown and white border collies, I owned one. The pattern of his white would fit for a BC mix, and the coat looks a little bit like my brown/white BC's did when he was a puppy. But without knowing how big he is it's hard to say that for sure.

There is definitely terrier of some form in that puppy, though. Whether it's JRT... or could be Rat Terrier, too.
Sprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote