Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #1 
Edifiler

Behavior to Filter

When i first brought Peaches home, everytime i turned the filter on ( i turn it off at times since the current was abit too strong for his liking), he was terrified of it, he would just swim to the opposite end and his colors would fade away.

But recently, ever since he bumped his head against the wall, he seems to be liking it more and more o.o He now has no trouble with it and often swims up to it and investigate. His colors no longer fade away and seem to shine a little brighter when i turn the filter on.

Does anyone have the same weird behavior Peaches has? :P
Edifiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #2 
Brian10962001

The females in my sorority are the same, they'll swim across the outlet and it pushes them down, they go back and forth like it's a roller coaster.
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #3 
Rosso1011

It took my guy a little bit to get used to having a filter in his tank. The current it produces really isn't that strong, but it's strong enough to give him a slight push when he swims under it. I think the goof actually likes his filter though. I've seen him rest between one of his artificial plants and the bottom of the filter (the suction is in the back, close to the glass).
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #4 
Edifiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
It took my guy a little bit to get used to having a filter in his tank. The current it produces really isn't that strong, but it's strong enough to give him a slight push when he swims under it. I think the goof actually likes his filter though. I've seen him rest between one of his artificial plants and the bottom of the filter (the suction is in the back, close to the glass).
haha thats the same setup as mine :P Peaches sometime likes to get a work out and swims against the filters current :P
Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #5 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edifiler View Post
haha thats the same setup as mine :P Peaches sometime likes to get a work out and swims against the filters current :P
Mine does the same thing! I posted a comment on the cute thread about how he swam right under the current, towards the top (it's a downward current) with his nose up, looking like he was all proud of himself.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #6 
Edifiler

haha :D Peaches often swims under the filter like a little cave :D and you can see from his face that he is proud of his achievements :D