Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #11 
nel3

thank you Anita, i just hope the plants survive. i dont mind if the anacharis bite the dust, not too sure about the anubias atm but i definately love the wisteria. my only issue with the tank is the gravel is only 1 inch deep, bit hard to keep the wisteria from floating unless i put the stem at an angle to keep it down. i dont feel like going with more gravel for esthetic reasons and it seems it should be fine when roots come in.

i really wont mind the anacharis going. its makes it easier on me, every time i move the fake plants or real plants some gets pulled up. the curtain nearby the divider is 30% (10-12 stalks initially) removed from messing around with decor and the other live plants.

the plants are doing the job, the blue VT right side like more hiding places. the left side is less crowded for the HMDT.

Last edited by nel3; 12-01-2011 at 10:39 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #12 
Kytkattin

Are you sure that is even anubias? I don't see a rhizome... Otherwise your tank is just stunning! I am very jealous! I feel like my tanks have gone downhill...
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #13 
Anitax3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
Are you sure that is even anubias? I don't see a rhizome... Otherwise your tank is just stunning! I am very jealous! I feel like my tanks have gone downhill...
Psh! Your tanks look FANTASTIC! I really love what you've got there! If you can't fit the plants maybe you should rescue another girl and get another 2 g bowl ! Lol I love that lil bowl experiment you did. It's great.Really inspiring
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #14 
nel3

thank you Kytkattin, the tank has only been like that for nearly a month so its too soon for the jury. the anacharis before lasted around that before going downhill (2.5g incand).

your tanks are very nice also, i guess its just personal choice for the fish and the owner on the areas occupied in the tank. i was aiming to do something like seaweed beds to break line of sight uniformly. your tanks are well stocked on the bottom with lots of space to swim above.

the rhyzome/bulb if you can call it that is just below threads on the grey rock. i tied it just above the bulb. i think its anubias but not 100% sure.

Last edited by nel3; 12-01-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #15 
Anitax3x

Have you guys propagated anubias? How do I do that? I want to take some from my one 10 and add it to another
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #16 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitax3x View Post
Psh! Your tanks look FANTASTIC! I really love what you've got there! If you can't fit the plants maybe you should rescue another girl and get another 2 g bowl ! Lol I love that lil bowl experiment you did. It's great.Really inspiring
Thank you. I do put a lot of time, and way to much money in them! I do already have another 2 gallon bowl, but I do not have another heater. Maybe sometime in January I will get another fish, but I will have to tear down the 2 tanks I do have (plus a spider) and take them 200 miles home for the holiday season. So maybe when I move back. I have tons of baby java ferns that I could put in another bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
thank you Kytkattin, the tank has only been like that for nearly a month so its too soon for the jury. the anacharis before lasted around that before going downhill (2.5g incand).

your tanks are very nice also, i guess its just personal choice for the fish and the owner on the areas occupied in the tank. i was aiming to do something like seaweed beds to break line of sight uniformly. your tanks are well stocked on the bottom with lots of space to swim above.

the rhyzome/bulb if you can call it that is just below threads on the grey rock. i tied it just above the bulb. i think its anubias but not 100% sure.
My anacharis tends to die and grow at the same time. When I first bought it, it was mostly all dieing so I got it at a discount price. Though the stuff in my girl's tank grows sometimes as much as a whole inch in a day!!!

Yeah, I didn't really realize what the christmas moss would be like. I have thought about growing it up onto the divider... It would look nice, though it gets pretty tall, about 4 inches if I don't smoosh it down. I bought all that expensive sub and I am only growing moss on it! I want more rooting plants!

Hmm... It looks different, but I do know there are different subtypes, and I am not all that knowledgeable about plants!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #17 
nel3

ive never propagated any plant so far. will probably try it on the wisteria should i get the chance to do so. not sure if i'll get that bulb plant again it it goes downhill. i killed my anacharis with IAL and incand lights. insufficient light did the rest, i dont think i'll ever put plant in IAL water. not confident in that part at all. ive had some sucess with anacharis but they do melt after a while when floating. i hope planted ones do better.

Last edited by nel3; 12-01-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #18 
Kytkattin

The only plant I have propagated would be... anacharis. It grows, I break it in half, I now have 2 plants! Never done that with anubias.

Oh, and my java fern has little baby java ferns all over! I just leave them because I don't have room to plant more...
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #19 
nel3

i have a bit of a brown thumb from limited aquatic plants ie anacharis java moss. i have more sucess with true terrestrial plants in soil, certain types not included. i grew a green flowered zinnia from a seed. 5 other seedilings didnt make it due to lack of water (newb mistake), currently working on another one.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #20 
upngo

I am also a big fan of plants. I will however have to clean up this mess soon ;)

upngo is offline   Reply With Quote