Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #11 
purplemuffin

Ugh! Put this question on hold guys, one of the koi does not seem to be acclimating well, I think he's gone into shock. Dangit. I tried so hard, I was out there for almost the whole day trying to get them all acclimated in slowly. :( Now he's floating listlessly. What the heck?
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #12 
purplemuffin

Okay, I do NOT understand. I am feeling like the worst fish owner in the world. Every tutorial and site always told me to basically do the same thing I would with bettas, slowly acclimate to temps, then to water quality.. Now sites are saying not to let ANY water mix and to straight up plop the fish into the new water..but then others say that's wrong..but others swear by it.

Ugh.

Edit: big one died. Now the rest sick. Gah. I'm so heartbroken. They may all die. I feel like such a failure. I thought we did everything right.

Last edited by purplemuffin; 12-01-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #13 
GreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
:/ I got it, DQ. I can answer the questions.. :(

Nah, they won't hibernate, they'll act like a Betta would in too cold of water, they'll start to get sick, then they could die. Too cold is too cold.

It's always good to get the opinions of others, and I'd just like to add that 1) It's not like DQ said DONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING MIAH SAYS! GO AWAY MIAH! and 2) you do not care properly for your gold fish in regards to tank size and give conflicting advice. You are also quite young, which in and of itself doesn't mean anything, but Lupin has a lot more years of experience and different levels of access to information, so it won't hurt to ask.

I'm sorry about your fish PurpleMuffin... How are the others doing now? I'm sorry you feel so awful, everyone makes mistakes..
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #14 
purplemuffin

Well, he's not suffering anymore.

I don't know what to do about the others. I guess by tomorrow we'll see if..well..If we have any left.

I hate this. I don't want this to ever happen again. I don't even know if I can feel comfortable moving them again if any of them DO make it when we get to our new house. I just want someone to take them away, I feel like such a failure. I just don't think I'm cut out for fish. It's just too sad.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

No,no, you're not a failure! You have done everything you could for them. Maybe they had something wrong with them to begin with. It wasn't your fault.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #16 
GreenTea

Oh that makes me super sad. I know that feeling and it's awful. Just remember the good things you've done and that everyone makes mistakes...I'm sorry I don't really know what else to say. Take a deep breath and realize what's done is done and you're still a good person. Fish can be very delicate sometimes.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #17 
purplemuffin

I know, I'm sorry. I get really emotional.. >_< just sad.. sad sad sad. I just need to sleep and cry and just go on with life, but I just feel so frustrated. Swear I thought we did everything right. I checked all the levels.. everything was set to go. Nope.

<3

I know I say I'm just done with fish. Ugh. I wish I was. I know my family wants to try again. I know I do too. I'm just sad right now. I don't want anything fragile, I'm already fragile.

-mopes- :C sorry about the bummer of a thread.. probably shouldn't be on forums when I'm super super teary.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #18 
GreenTea

Nah it's ok. I've leaned on this forum before. It's a community, we're here to help. I like to cry and sleep too. A new day always brings fresh perspective for me. And cocoa seems to make everything better, if you're willing to try anything.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #19 
purplemuffin

None of them made it through the night. :(
Old 12-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #20 
Tikibirds

awwwh.

Maybe they were already sick and U just didint know?
Some animals hide illness really well.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote