Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #1 
roadplug

1 week Cocoa's tail regrowth

Its been about a week. the first, little photo was taken a day or two after Mocha took a bite, her bottom fin was/is missing some too.
Attached Images

roadplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #2 
Rosso1011

Glad to see Cocoa's tail is starting to grow back. I kind of know how it feels. My Rosso got a tear in his caudal fin somehow and it has now almost completely healed.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #3 
roadplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Glad to see Cocoa's tail is starting to grow back. I kind of know how it feels. My Rosso got a tear in his caudal fin somehow and it has now almost completely healed.
Did it take Rosso very long to heal? I thought it would take a very long time, but it looks from Cocoa's pics that it won't be that long. The missing chunk is filling in, and the tear looks, mostly joined again in the pic.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #4 
Rosso1011

It's been several good weeks now, I believe. It kind of just zipped itself back together in a slow way. Personally, I upped the water conditioner once in the beginning, but only just that once. Keeping the water very clean is the best thing you can do. Definitely don't want to risk infection.

I wish I could show you pictures of the tear and how it looks now, but I don't have a really good camera. I was lucky to get a pic as clear as the one I use for my avatar.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #5 
CalvinWill

They can grow back amazingly fast in the right conditions. My guy had really damaged his fins through biting. He was still growing at the time so I am not sure if that aided the regrowth, but these pics were taken about 30 days apart.

I didn't do anything special. I just added a 10% change per week and added 5ml of StressCoat+ on top of his normal Prime.

After all of this growth, he bite again. And again over Thanksgiving. The eternal struggle....

Hope your girl regrows quick and keeps from noming.
Attached Images

CalvinWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #6 
roadplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinWill View Post
They can grow back amazingly fast in the right conditions. My guy had really damaged his fins through biting. He was still growing at the time so I am not sure if that aided the regrowth, but these pics were taken about 30 days apart..
I remember my mom telling me that If I'd just leave my hair alone, it would be beautiful. lol.
That's you're boy. He is beautiful, if he'd just leave his own tail alone! The fish I call Draco had a really long tail when i got him from Aquabid. it was so long, it wore him out to try and keep level. he'd sit on his tail on the bottom until he learned to rest on a wide plastic leaf near the surface. About a month after I got him, he completely lost 'it' and chewed his tail off. I didn't really blame him.

But, luckily he stopped chewing when his tail was actually at a more 'normal' length. So far he hasn't bothered it again. He is far more concered with his neighbors, Sid and Pepper, and food. I hope your guy finds something else to do, but maybe for some, its like humans who chew their nails, difficult to stop ^.^)

Tags
damage, regrowth, tail