Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #1 
Nymmers

Dryerase = Excersize

Sooo. My friend and I have discovered another way to excessive/entertain your fish. She recently got her first better, which she's been keeping at my house, and wrote his name on the side of the tank in dry erase with a fish drawn next to it. Needless to say he must not think its very funny because he flares at it.

Obviously don't put it inside your tank, but on the outside glass, they can see it. I've done it to the rest of my boys tanks, they're either investigating or flaring at it. We'll see how this goes, AND it is something that can change constantly, colors, shapes etc..
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #2 
BeautifulBetta

Bahahahahaha thats cute! I had a bunch of window markers once and drew all the 'Finding Nemo' characters on there :P
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #3 
Draug Isilme

That's a nice idea, I'm gonna have to try it sometime ^.^
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #4 
erinandares

It seems to me like the dry-erase fumes would be so close to the water as to cause problems... Maybe I'm just paranoid- which I am- but still. It's a nice idea in theory! Just in my head, the 'in practice' part is kinda jumbled. >.>
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #5 
BeautifulBetta

I think the fumes would be ok, since they only last a few seconds anyway :) Plus, no guarantee that the fish would be breathing at the moment of drawing
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #6 
Draug Isilme

*shrugs* I don't really see much of a problem with it so long as you make sure it's a non-toxic form of dry-erase markers unless the fumes are just magically toxic while the ink itself isn't, but I don't think that's quite possible >.>;;;
Otherwise, yeah, the fumes shouldn't linger for that long (unless you're creating a MASSIVE drawing on your tank to cover the whole thing xD) and so long as your betta isn't constantly going up for air (which probably means you should check your bettas health anyway because he/she shouldn't be doing it frequently), I don't see any problems with the idea.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #7 
erinandares

Nah, my bettas swim way more than they're up for air. Lol. I was just being a silly-head. I just had to wonder about it for a sec. The points you guys have are very good points, though! Although knowing me, I would be the one to make freakin starry night on my betta's tank... Lol. >.< No dry-erase for me!
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #8 
Migraine

I did that on the jar of my Betta once XD He followed the marker around
Migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #9 
Pitluvs

I use these for marking my tanks before dividing them, I hope to get some neat colors and do some doodling lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #10 
Draug Isilme

So yeah, I tried out the dry erase marker stuff on my tank. It seemed fine, and my betta was like "wtf? O.o Wha? What is that!" for a while. I go to wipe it off, and while the black seemed to come off nicely, the colored dry erase markings didn't come off so well... -.-.. So yeah, any suggestions?