Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #1 
GreenTea

Arrow Wanted: Dividers

I just need someone who's good at making them to make me a few dividers! I tried making them myself, disaster... I also bought some from a pet store that were garbage.

If someone local (Portland/Vancouver area) can make ones from acrylic or glass that'd be great. If someone could make me lighter ones that could be cheaply shipped, that would also be great!

Best case scenario is someone coming over to measure the tanks with me and talk divider strategies. I want to divide one or two 10 gallon tanks and possibly a 5 gallon.

I like the idea of a mesh like material, but a glass or acrylic one with small holes would look really nice. If anyone's up for this let me know! Thanks guys.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #2 
PitGurl

You might want to contact this AB seller. He/she sells a bunch of acrylic stuff that they make themselves. Might be able to make you some.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ewseller&Usmc1
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #3 
Brian10962001

I have a TON of document spines if you would be interested. They're the thinnest ones (had to order 100 of them ). All you need aside from those is the hobby screen from Wal Mart or a hobby store, and some silicone. I could sell you a few if you would like. It's MUCH easier to work with the firm plastic netting and the spines than the fabric.
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

I ordered two off ebay that were hand made and they work really well but they don't seem to have any for salt right now. They had both 10 and 5 gallon ones at the time.

http://myworld.ebay.com/lkaquariumdividers

This is what they look like..ignore the clamped fish. They were made because i was late on a water change.

They fit perfectly, the only bad thing about them is the metal clip things at the top, they have a sharp point on them that sticks up.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-17-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #5 
Curlyfatbottom

cheaper way.
buy some 4"-6" pvc pipe and cut them down to size of your tank.
tide the edge of a of a mesh net to make a cylinder
or keep your room temp at 85 degree(only work with 1 gallon or less)
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #6 
PixelatedPaint

You can buy sewing sheets and measure them. cut them to the size you want and take the sides off office/report binders and slide them on the sides of the sheets. This will keep them in place.

I bought some sheets at 90cents/sheet at walmart.
The office report binders are like a buck for a 2 pack. I bought in bulk and it cost me 10 dollars for 50.

Only other thing you need is a measuring tape or ruler and some scissors.

pic of the sheet cut down to fit a 10 gallon

Pic of the report binder sidings and sheets

Slide them on the sheet sides...

And presto! We are ready to place them into tank after a rinse. (I'm paranoid I rinse everything).

Last edited by PixelatedPaint; 12-17-2011 at 04:07 PM.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote